Default color for events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
laavista

Default color for events

Post by laavista » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:47 pm

I'm new to VueMinder, and I really like it!

I'd like to have default colors available for different event types, e.g.,
- if an event is recurring (e.g., spans over mutliple days), then I'd like the colors to default to a specific color scheme
- If an event is not recurring, I'd like the colors to default to a different color scheme than the recurring event.

I realize I can copy/paste a previously entered recurring event or appointment and use those color schemes, but I'd prefer to have it default based on whether it's recurring and not.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Default color for events

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:57 am

Hi laavista, welcome to the forums. Events can be color-coded based on associated calendar, category, priority, or location. Unfortunately, there's currently no setting to allow recurring events to be colored differently than non-recurring events. However, I'll consider adding this as an option.

In the meantime, why not define 2 calendars, each with their own color? One calendar could be used just for recurring events, and the other for non-recurring events. When you create a new event, use the "Calendar" field in the Event Editor to pick which calendar the event should be associated with. I think this would basically accomplish what you're looking for.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

laavista

Re: Default color for events

Post by laavista » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks for the quick reply!

You have a good alternative solution. To initially set up my calendar, I ended up copying/pasting a recurring event with its color scheme to all the dates with recurring. The non-recurring, I set up as normal.

This calendar software is excellent!