SMS & Google Calendar

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
elandia

SMS & Google Calendar

Post by elandia » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:59 pm

if you could get the sms function to work with the Google calendar that would be better. Google calendar can send sms, but with vueminder it doesn't work with that part of Google calendar so I have to go into Google calendar to tell it to send me an sms. If you could get the two to sink in this function I don't have to have my computer on in order for it to send an sms and I won't have to go to Google calendar to have it send me an sms.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: SMS & Google Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:40 am

Hi elandia, thank you for the suggestion. The reason SMS reminders don't currently sync is because I'm trying to avoid both VueMinder and Google Calendar sending a duplicate of the same SMS reminder. For people that don't have unlimited texting, that could get expensive.

That being said, I think there might be a way to design this feature into the software while avoiding the possibility of duplicate SMS reminders. Basically, the reminder would have a setting that says "send this from Google", and VueMinder would never send the SMS for that reminder. I've added this to my to-do list, and will let you know when it's available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA