problem synching with Outlook 2010 using TaskToCal addin in

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
gjbth

problem synching with Outlook 2010 using TaskToCal addin in

Post by gjbth » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:19 am

Hello Dan, are you familiar with an Outlook addin form Wisco, called TaskToCal. http://www.TaskToCal.com.

I am using this to sync Outlook tasks to a calendar in Outlook, which I then sync to Vueminder.
I am guessing that TaskToCal creates events in a non standard way as the Calendar sync from Outlook to Vueminder does not work correctley, most events are ignored altogether or update randomly.

If I import the calendar into Vueminder however, all events display correctley. But do not update on future syncs.

I am trying to use an Ipad to sync events and tasks with my PC and have to use Outlook as the link to Vueminder.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: problem synching with Outlook 2010 using TaskToCal addin

Post by VueSoft » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:39 am

I haven't used TaskToCal, so I'm not sure what it's doing. My guess is its either resetting a unique identifier that VueMinder uses to determine which item is being synced, or maybe its not updating the "LastModified" property on the event, so VueMinder doesn't see the event as being something that has changed since the previous sync and skips processing the event.

I'm planning on adding Outlook task synchronization soon, so this might become moot. VueMinder will show Outlook tasks in the calendar, the same as other tasks.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA