Desktop View filter?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dividedeye

Desktop View filter?

Post by dividedeye » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi, my question is pretty simple. Is there a way to hide certain events from showing in the desktop view? For example, I have the Astronomy Events added to my calendar, which is great, but I would like it if they didn't show in the desktop view. Is it possible to have them show up only in the full edit screen? I have the Lite version of VueMinder, so I'm guessing that this is a feature that might only be possible with the Pro version. It'd just be nice if I could filter these things from showing on my desktop so I can see JUST the appointments/reminders I've set for myself. Thanks!

A side question: Is it possible to make the desktop view of the calendar "click-through-able"? As in, can I pin the calendar to the desktop so that I can still use that part of it normally? If I have an icon behind the calendar, I have no way of getting to it.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Desktop View filter?

Post by VueSoft » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi dividedeye, welcome to the forums. To hide events belonging to a particular calendar, open the main VueMinder window and uncheck the box to the left of the calendar name. More information about filtering events can be found here, under the section titled "Filtering Calendar Items":
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... rlist.html

Regarding the desktop calendar being "click-though-able", unfortunately that's not a feature. However, you can move or resize the desktop calendar by clicking the "Move/Resize" button in the upper-right corner. If you have many shortcut icons on your desktop, I'd suggest creating folders on your desktop to organize the shortcuts, which will both reduce clutter and allow the desktop calendar to be sized larger.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dividedeye

Post by dividedeye » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks for the fast reply! I knew I could filter the events by unchecking them; I should have worded my question more specifically. My concern is that if by unchecking the calendar, I would no longer receive notifications the day-of for these events. Is it possible to still receive an alert for them even if they're unchecked? I read through the link you posted but it didn't seem to answer that... if it did, I must've missed it.

Ok. Yea I've been using the mini calendar to get around the fact that I can't "click-through" the calendar. VueMinder is GREAT! I'm glad to have found it. Thanks for your help.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:43 am

Thanks for the clarification. Reminders are not affected by whether calendars are filtered. You'll still receive reminders regardless of whether an event is hidden. The only thing that will prevent reminders from appearing is if you mark an event as "Completed" prior to the reminder time. If you hover the mouse over the event, you'll see when the reminder is scheduled to appear.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA