VueMinder.mdf

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
targa72

VueMinder.mdf

Post by targa72 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:43 am

I'm getting this error when installing VeuMinder server.

An unexpected error occurred while configuring the VueMinder database on your SQL server.
An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. Directory lookup for the file “C:\Programs Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.VUESOFT\MSSQL\DATA\VueMinder.mdf” failed with the operating system error 3(the system cannot find the path specified). CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors

The Microsoft SQL Server is not on the "C" drive, it's in "D:\Microsoft SQL Server". My registry settings put all programs on the "D" drive.
Could this mdf file just be added to the "D" drive folder, if so where do I get a copy of the file, or is their some other way to work around this problem.

Vince

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder.mdf

Post by VueSoft » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi Vince, welcome to the forums.

VueMinder Server Setup is expecting a SQL Server to be installed under a "Program Files" directory. It appears your directory structure is a bit different than the typical installation. I've sent you an email with instructions on how to manually configure the server. Please let me know if you don't receive the email or if you run into any further problems.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

targa72

Post by targa72 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Thank you for the quick responce
I get as far as trying to creat the VueMinder.mdf in cmd.exe, here's the first part of the massage I get after typing in sqlcmd -s targa72\vuesoft -i dbVueMinder.sql. The rest of the massage is basically sayng it cant creat lines because it could not creat the file.

Changed database context to ‘master’.
Changed database context to ‘master’.
Msg 5123, Level 16, State 1, Server TARGA72\SQLEXPRESS, Line 3
CREAT FILE encountered operating system error 5<Access is denied.> while attempting to open or create the physical file ‘D:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.VUESOFT\MSSQL\DATA\VueMinder.mdf.
Msg 1802, Level 16, State 4, Server TARGA72\SQLEXPRESS, Line 3
CREAT DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:44 am

Hi Vince, try right-clicking the "Command Prompt" shortcut in your start menu and select "Run as administrator". This should allow the SQL script the appropriate permissions for creating the database. I apologize I didn't include this in the previous instructions. Please let me know if it still doesn't work.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

targa72

Post by targa72 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:16 am

That's not the problem. The Command Prompt opens with Administrator privileges. I've also enable the 'Name Pipes' , 'TCP/IP' and all IP address.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:59 pm

Hi Vince, I'm not sure why it's giving you errors. Have you tried installing SQL Server Management Studio? This will provide a graphical interface for what we're trying to do from the command prompt.

After starting SQL Server Management Studio, click the "Script" button at the top of the window and run the scripts that were provided previously.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

targa72

Post by targa72 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Thanks for all the help Dan.
Had problems with SQL Management Studio
1. Got the pop up “This program has known compatibility issues”. I’m using Windows 7.
2. I installed it but than the script bottom was faded out.
After an extensive search on Google I found a way to resolve the problem with the following steps:
1. Set OS permission on the Master.mdf and Master.ldf files to full permission for 'Everyone'.
2. Restart the SQL server.
Now I have to change back all the other items that were changed while trying to fix this.

Vince