Double click to add appointment shows wrong time

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Luxferre

Double click to add appointment shows wrong time

Post by Luxferre » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:52 am

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that when under the day setting for the calendar, and you have multiple days showing (i usually have 4 or 5 days showing instead of a full week) when you double click at a time frame to add an appointment, the appointment is always 8am or 9am, and is usually the wrong day.

For example:
So when clicking on Nov 12 13pm to add an appointment, usually when the new appointment box usually shows up with appointment starting Nov 12, 10am. If im lucky, the date is correct. Sometimes if I'm not, it even shows up as a different day, as a whole day appointment.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Double click to add appointment shows wrong time

Post by VueSoft » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi Luxferre, when you have multiple timeslots selected in the Day view, and then you double-click one of the selected timeslots, the first click is selecting a single timeslot. The second click is causing a new event to be created, based on which time slot was clicked.

Because of the way Windows handles mouse button notifications, the Day view is receiving notification of a single mouse click before it gets the following notification of a double-click. Since the code doesn't know a double-click notification is imminent, it does what is correct for a single click (e.g., the clicked timeslot is selected, clearing any previous timeslot selection).

To work around this behavior, right-click the selected timeslots instead of double-clicking. The "New Event" command is at the top of the popup menu. You can also press the Ctrl+N shortcut. This will create a new event that matches the selected dates and times.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Luxferre

Re: Double click to add appointment shows wrong time

Post by Luxferre » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:30 am

Hi,

I actually just tried that.

right click time frame
click new event
time is set to 12am to start, regardless of time frame selected when clicking with right button

when i do this
left click time frame
leave some time
double click
time is set to 8am to start, regardless of time frame selected when clicking with left click

when i do this
left click and quickly double click again, same thing happens as above when i left click and leave some time between the double click

I think this may be an issue with code, when it's in week view this doesn't happen