Change to display/print of Events list

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!
brianvic

Change to display/print of Events list

Post by brianvic » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:03 am

I am really enjoying using VueMinder Calendar Pro and in particular the Events list. On screen it looks great with the selected category colours showing for each line.

However, I also like to print this list and since it prints looking the same it uses up an inordinate amount of toner/ink. It is like printing a full page, colour image.

I know I can print in black and white, but that defeats the purpose of using colours for categories. So I was wondering if you could change it, or add the facility, to print only the text in the category colour; or print a single block in the category colour at the beginning/end of each event line? The actual event text would then just print in black.

For me this would make printing the Event list much more feasible, and certainly cheaper! :)

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Change to display/print of Events list

Post by VueSoft » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi Brian, thank you for the suggestion. I've added this to my list. I believe an option could be added to the Print window to show colors in only the first column. The other columns would be black text on a white background. I'll post a reply when this improvement is completed.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you have any other suggestions!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:50 pm

This improvement has been completed for the next version (9.0). When the List layout is selected, a new checkbox can be used to limit colors to the first column only. If you'd like an early look, the beta can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=707

Thanks again for the suggestion, and please let me know if you think of any other improvements you'd like.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

brianvic

Post by brianvic » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Dan

Thanks for that! It's exactly what I was after! I can now print out a list of Events and still show the category colours without using up all my toner! :-)

I am very impressed with your service. Thanks again!

I haven't had a look at any of the other changes yet, but will let you know if anything else occurs to me.

Have yourself a great festive holiday!

Brian

steeladept

Post by steeladept » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:31 pm

I am looking for a similar effect. Basically I am trying to print Black & White but use full coloring for viewing. However with black and white, I want only to print the text w/o the background gray(s) particularly in Month view. Hope this all makes sense. Is there any way to do this?

Alternatively, I can set the background to white/transparent, but in the onscreen display, there is no easy way to see the times in certain views. Perhaps create an outline option in the Styles either with or instead of the gradient options? In many ways, this might be the better option, though if both were available, that might be even better still. Just some ideas.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:45 am

Hi steeladept, welcome to the forums. Here's a trick that might help. Set the gradient style to "None". The secondary background color then becomes the border color, which I think is what you're looking for.

I'm planning to improve the appearance editor to make this capability more clear.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

steeladept

Post by steeladept » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:02 am

I could have swore I tried that combination, but it didn't work. Going back and trying again, however, it worked fine. Sorry to bother about that. Your response was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.