reminders

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
general123

reminders

Post by general123 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:44 am

Is it possible for reminders/alerts to work even if VueMinder is not loaded at startup? It was possible to have this with Works calendar. Of course VueMinder is a better product, but I miss this feature.
thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: reminders

Post by VueSoft » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi general123, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, VueMinder needs to be running in order for reminders to be processed when scheduled. If you use the default settings, minimizing VueMinder will put it in the system tray, where it will quietly run in the background until a reminder comes due.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

general123

Post by general123 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:04 am

ok, thanks Dan

vipast

Post by vipast » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:41 pm

Here is the issue I have with the reminders, I use 2 Laptops and want to share a family calendar and share google calender with our android phones, We NEED reminders on some things but the laptops aren't always on. Will the server be able to send reminders? Via text and Email if we set it up?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi vipast, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, VueMinder needs to be running in order for email or SMS reminders to be sent. If the computer is turned off, reminders won't be able to be sent until the next time the computer is started.

To work around this limitation, you could configure the events in Google Calendar to send email or SMS reminders, instead of having VueMinder do this.

FYI, I'm planning to improve this in the next version. If your computer is in hibernate or sleep mode when an email or SMS reminder is scheduled for transmission, VueMinder will temporarily wake the computer in order to send the reminder, and then put the computer back into sleep mode.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

vipast

Post by vipast » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:05 pm

I recommend the server to have the option to be able to send everything. Make it more of a HUB, rather than just a database. But thanks for the reply.