Outlook Sync adds breaks

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
phrogdriver

Outlook Sync adds breaks

Post by phrogdriver » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Hello,

First, I want to tell you how much I enjoy using the calendar. However, I am working through some issues before purchasing.
I need the calendar to sync with Outlook, however at every sync it adds breaks to the lines I am using.
Generally, a header with a numbered list under it. The numbers keep getting further away from each other with every sync.

BEFORE
HEADER
3 ...etc.

After Sync
HEADER

3 ...etc.

And, every sync increases the distance by one break. Please let me know if there is something that will make that stop. Thanks

Rick

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Outlook Sync adds breaks

Post by VueSoft » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:03 am

Hi Rick, welcome to the forums.

The problem you're seeing appears to be a bug. I'll work on fixing this in the next version and will let you know when a correction is available. I apologize for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, there is a workaround. In VueMinder, open the Event Editor. At the bottom of the "Description" tab, click the "Formatted Text" tab. Fix the description to appear the way you'd like and then save the event. The next time the calendar syncs, the description in Outlook will be fixed. Subsequent syncs will no longer add line breaks.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

gjbth

Post by gjbth » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:04 am

have you managed to solve this problem yet Dan, I now have the need to sync several calendars with Outlook 2010 and see this happening every sync. The workaround you suggest does not work for me as the formatting reverts again at the next Outlook sync.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:44 am

A correction has been made for version 9.0, but it's not ready to be released yet. There should be a beta in the next week or two, if you're interested.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

gjbth

Post by gjbth » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:50 am

There should be a beta in the next week or two, if you're interested.
You know you don't have to ask Dan. Great to hear you have fixed the problem with Outlook.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:46 pm

The beta is now available. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=707

Please let me know if the problem doesn't appear to be fixed, or if you find any other problems in the beta. Thanks!
Dan Chartrand, Founder