Not Syncing to Google Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
johnmouse

Not Syncing to Google Calendar

Post by johnmouse » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:24 am

I know one members said "solved," but it is not solved for me. I am having a devil of a time trying to sync VM to Google; no matter how I do it. I've even unchecked Tasks and Notes (I don't use those functions anyway). It makes no difference if I choose manual or automatic; 1-way or 2-way. The end result is always the same: the calendar will not sync with Google, and "Last Synced With Google" always reads as "Never."

I really need to get this fixed so that I have calendar access through my cell phone!

JJ

Andre C

Re: Not Syncing to Google Calendar

Post by Andre C » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:48 pm

I had similar problems, but it was always with a secondary calendar. In my experience the primary (default) calendar syncs OK but any secondary calendars seem to sync less often, much less often.

My gut feeling is that it is more a Google-side thing than a VueMinder-side problem. Also, be aware that Google inforces "wait" times for calendar syncing. This a line from a Google help file for their Outlook Calendar sync tool: "You'll also be able to set the time interval for syncing to occur. Please keep in mind that 10 minutes is the minimum time interval allowed". It is not clear to me if that refers to wait times for each individual calendar or as an aggregate wait time for all calendars in your Google account. This sync wait time could be a problem if you sync from different computers to the same Google account as one device may "hog" the sync cycle.

I gave syncing to secondary calendars in my Google account the flick and sync to my primary Google calendar only, from the one computer only. This calendar is then, and all other calendars I use as well, shared to other computers on my local LAN using the VueMinder Server. This setup works very well but this arrangement will not suit everybody.

johnmouse

Post by johnmouse » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Yes, I had two calendars on Google. I deleted one, leaving the default. Seems to be working, although the sync screen still says "never" even though it has. One problem fixed, anyway. Now to try to tackle getting my cell phone to sync with it's Google calendar to the sky Google calendar, then to VM.

JJ

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:03 pm

For what it's worth, I'm able to sync multiple calendars within seconds of each other. It doesn't matter how often I sync or how many calendars I'm syncing - it works every time.

I'm pretty sure this is something on Google's end, but I don't know why my account would be any different than yours. Are you located in the United States? Maybe Google restricts how often syncing can occur in certain countries. I'm really not sure.

I'll need to do some more research to determine why some people are unable to sync multiple calendars. It should work!

:?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Andre C

Post by Andre C » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:21 am

I am in Brisbane, Australia.

johnmouse

Post by johnmouse » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:20 am

I'm in the US. But now my recurring events will not sync. My Google default calendar has no events at all. My personal calendar on Google has doctor's appointments, meetings; anything that isn't a recurring event.

Outlook synced seven recurring events correctly, but left out three recurring events. I did this just as a test; I don't use Outlook (and I really detest it!).

I have my calendar file exported and saved as an ics file is you should need me to email it to you.

JJ

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi JJ, could you email the ICS file to support@vueminder.com? I'll see if I can get the same behavior.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA