MS SQL install caused startup problems

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
pcguy

MS SQL install caused startup problems

Post by pcguy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:45 am

I had VueMinder Calendar installed and wanted to share the calendar with my laptop so I installed VueMidner Server. Ever since then my AMD 6000+ w 4GB RAM and Win7 Pro x64 was a dog starting up. Icons in the systray would take for ever to load and apps like Firefox became unresponsive. I uninstalled all of the MS SQL 2008 items in Win7 but VueMinder calendar would show Not Responding. So I also uninstalled VueMinder app as well.

Is there any known problems with VueMinder Server causing sluggish startup?

P.S. I was sharing a calendar with the VueMInder Server and forgot to unshare it before I uninstalled the Server. Now I am seeing a Server is Offline error in the lower right corner of VueMinder Calendar. Is there any way of removing this error without reinstalling the server software?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: MS SQL install caused startup problems

Post by VueSoft » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:53 pm

Hi pcguy, MS SQL Server shouldn't be causing the performance issues you're seeing. I haven't had any other reports of SQL Server causing slowdowns. Maybe this is related to your security software. There might be some incompatibility.

To remove the "Server is offline" message, go to the Sharing Options (via the Options menu) and clear out the server name. This will basically disable sharing, so VueMinder will quit trying to find the shared server.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

pcguy

Re: MS SQL install caused startup problems

Post by pcguy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:43 am

Thanks for the Sharing suggestion. Had to delete the server name and restart VueMinder for the problem to be fixed.