[SOLVED] Sync to Google not working once Vue running

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
brianvic

[SOLVED] Sync to Google not working once Vue running

Post by brianvic » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi

I've just purchased this program and I love it! This is a terrific piece of software and appears to be just exactly what I've been looking for.

However, I do have a slight concern. While testing the syncing facility with Google new events created in the Google calendar weren't appearing in Vue. I checked the update details and everything was as set; Update every 15 minutes, ignore events created 30 days ago, apply defaults, include reminders and Sync 2-way.

I noticed that the message at the bottom of the window said Last Synced with Google Calendar: Never. Yet when the program loaded it did do a successful sync and showed the last time it was done.

I completely exited Vue and started it again and it synced ok. But after that it has refused to sync. If I click on the Sync Now button nothing happens.

I have already done a fair amount of editing to the events to get them looking the way I want them. I hope I don't have to delete the calendar and start again!

Any advice or assistance would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Brian
Last edited by brianvic on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brianvic

Re: Sync to Google not working once Vue running

Post by brianvic » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Follow up:

I've been testing some more and I did get the Sync to work, but the events I had entered didn't sync. I had created 2 events in 2013. (I use my calendar for bookings which can be 2 or 3 years in advance. I also like to keep historical bookings back about 8 years. I originally got all the dates into Vue by exporting my whole Google calendar to iCal.)

I decided to create an event in 2011 and then 2012 and they both synced. As far as I can tell nothing is syncing past 31 December 2012.

Now the Sync is showing Never, again, and refuses to sync.

I have had a problem with syncing from Google to my Android phone, which appears to be an issue for an awful lot of people, where I could only sync up to a year from now.

Obviously this makes the Google calendar useless for me and many others. I tried many suggested fixes none of which worked. I then decided to try syncing via ActiveSync which worked perfectly! Is it possible this is a Google problem for Vue too? Would it be possible to add an ActiveSync option to Vue, which might perhaps solve this issue?

Thanks for your time.

Brian

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi Brian, thanks for the information. I'm not sure why I'm seeing different behavior, but I just created an event in VueMinder on Jan 1, 2013, and it automatically synced to Google Calendar as expected. Next, I created an event on Aug 29, 2015 (4 years from today), and that one synced too. I'm not using ActiveSync and there's nothing exotic in my calendar settings, just the standard defaults, 2-way and automatic.

Could you try syncing again from VueMinder? Maybe it needs a manual nudge. Right-click the calendar name and select "Share -> Sync Calendar" to force it to sync all its events. Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

brianvic

Post by brianvic » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delay in responding.

I think I've fixed it. I don't know if I had just got the system confused or, more likely, me confused, but everything appears to be working now. I deleted all my data from VueCalendar and re-added my Google Calendar. After that it just worked!

I can now sync in both directions and for any date and I can add and delete events from VueMinder, Google and my phone (still only using Exchange Server) and the change is reflected in all 3. Sometimes it takes a few minutes, others it's nearlly instant. But it works and it works well!

I am really loving this software! It is really, really great!! :)