Changing an event's calendar and merging calendars.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Karen

Changing an event's calendar and merging calendars.

Post by Karen » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Hi Dan,

When opening an event to edit it, I used to be able to change the calendar that the event was associated with. Now I can't. The calendar drop-down list is grayed out. I just upgraded to 8.4.0. but it was happening on the previous version as well.

Also, is there a way to merge two calendars? I couldn't find anything in the help file.

Thank you,
Karen

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Changing an event's calendar and merging calendars.

Post by VueSoft » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Karen, it sounds like you're opening a single occurrence of a recurring event. The calendar for an individual occurrence can't be modified because it causes all sorts of headaches when syncing with other calendars. Try opening the entire series instead.

If that doesn't explain it, then maybe the event belongs to a read-only calendar (a shared calendar that you have "Reader" access only, or a Google Calendar that you don't own).

As for merging two calendars into one, there's no simple way (yet) to do this. You'd need to export one of the calendar to an ICS file, delete the calendar in VueMinder, and then import the ICS file into the destination calendar that you want to be the final merged calendar.

The destination calendar name (in the 2nd screen of the Import window) will default to the calendar name that is detected in the ICS file, but you can select the desired calendar from the drop-down list. After clicking Next to finish the import, a window will appear saying events were detected in the destination calendar that aren't in the ICS file. Just click the "Continue Importing" button.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Karen

Re: Changing an event's calendar and merging calendars.

Post by Karen » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi Dan,

No, I was opening the series, but I do have it synced with Google Calendar. My setting is a one-way sync, VueMinder to Google Calendar. I stopped the sync temporarily in order to make the change. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I also appreciate the merging information!

Best,
Karen