Google Tasks Calendar Sync Problem

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
gvanto

Google Tasks Calendar Sync Problem

Post by gvanto » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi is synch-ing with Google's Tasks (Calendar) available in Vueminder yet?

Seems like they have enabled the Tasks API: http://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/i ... d=987#c616
:idea: If the API is not in .Net is it poss to use some sort of standard Xml-based protocol instead?

Pretty much all my events on my Google Calendar are task-based ones, not being able to sync with it is quite a big limitation for my Vueminder ...

Awesome app btw, thanks!

Gvanto

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google Tasks Calendar Sync Problem

Post by VueSoft » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi Gvanto, thank you for the feedback and welcome to the forums.

I'm planning on adding Google Task synchronization, now that an API is available. This is toward the top of my list of priorities for what comes next, after version 8.4 is released. I'll let you know when this feature is completed.

Thanks again, and please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

IanS

Post by IanS » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:48 am

That's great news Dan - a very useful feature.

gvanto

Post by gvanto » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:35 am

Hey Dan,

Man I can't wait for the Google Tasks integration into this app - really loving VueMinder (Pro) and tasks is gonna make it even better!

Hey a small idea: how about a "sync with google calendar whenever I make changes to an event" option in google sync options?

Cheers!
gvanto

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi gvanto, I'm working on adding Google Task integration right now. This improvement will be in the next release. :D

As for the option to sync whenever changes are made to an event, this is actually already provided. On the Google Calendar tab of the Calendar Properties, set the sync frequency to "Automatically". Syncing will occur automatically (within 10-20 seconds) of making a change to an event in either VueMinder or Google Calendar.

I'll post a message when Google Tasks syncing is available. There will be a beta version, if you'd like an earlier look.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

gvanto

Post by gvanto » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Ah ok great stuff just noticed it works yes (auto syncing), think there was something up with my gCal not refreshing properly before...

Awesome thanks really looking forward to the task integration !

Got an HTC Android phone too now so gonna be mega sync-ed with all calendars ... productivity will be increased 100 fold mwa ha ha ha

Cheers!
Gvanto

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Google Task syncing has been completed for the next version (9.0). To add an existing Google task list to VueMinder, use the "Add Google Tasks" command on the File menu. To add tasks that have been defined in VueMinder to Google Calendar, use the "Google Tasks" tab on the Task Calendar Properties window. In both cases, the task calendar will continue to sync with Google Calendar.

If you'd like an early look, a beta is available and can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=707
Dan Chartrand, Founder