I want to buy this so bad but Google sync doesn't work ...

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
techrev

I want to buy this so bad but Google sync doesn't work ...

Post by techrev » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:27 pm

I was looking for a program that would do two things:

1. Sync my Google Calendar to a calendar on my desktop
2. Allow me to make popup alarms and reminders for the tasks and events

Vue does all that and more. I especially love the ability to send reminder messages to someones phone!
I would buy the program just for that honestly. But I really really want the Google sync to work.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes it will pull in all of the stuff on the calendar and then sometimes it will pull in a random duplicate.
Sometimes it will pull in only a portion of the events on the calendar and then sometimes, when it's done syncing, one will erase itself.

I love Vue and it's functionality and features but not being able to sync consistently with Google sucks.

I am using the Beta by the way, hoping some of the problems with the previous were fixed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: I want to buy this so bad but Google sync doesn't work .

Post by VueSoft » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi techrev, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure why you're seeing problems syncing with Google Calendar. Are you using any Google Lab items? Sometimes those can cause weird issues with syncing.

Are you syncing this same calendar with Outlook or other computers on your local network? If so, some of the behavior you described might be fixed in the new Beta 2.

Also, could you try creating a new calendar in Google Calendar, and then add this to VueMinder using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu? Next, add some events to the new calendar, and see if those sync any better. Maybe there's something different about your existing Google Calendar that I haven't encountered yet.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

techrev

Post by techrev » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:19 am

I use a ton of labs. I use Google to it's max.
If I have to sacrifice how I use Google in order to use Vue that isn't worth it for me.

I will try making a completely new calendar and seeing how that works.

Thank you for the suggestions.

techrev

Post by techrev » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Went through and completely redid the entire calendar in google. *phew*

Ok things look like they are syncing up but I don't know what the problem was with the old calendar given that I had done it the same exact way. :?

Looks like things are syncing properly and there are no strange occurrences.

Thank you so much for the quick help. I have another question which I will post in another thread ... ;)