The beta is now completed and version 8.4 has been officially released. It can be downloaded here:
A beta release of VueMinder Calendar Pro 8.4.0 (Beta 2) is available for download:
Before installing, first ensure the current version isn't running by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit".
Here's a summary of the changes:
- Added the ability to sync with calendars belonging to multiple Google accounts. Different account settings can be specified for each calendar, using the Google Calendar tab on the Calendar Properties window.
- Improved software performance, especially when syncing with Google Calendar or viewing a large range of dates in the Event List.
- Improved the row selector indication in the Event, Task, Note, and Contact lists. All selected rows will have an arrow indicator, instead of just the most recently selected row.
- Improved the "Today" button to include an icon to the left of its label, making it easier to find the button.
- Improved the popup balloon when hovering over an event. The balloon will now include the event date(s).
- Improved the display of completed events to also fade the event titles. This will help to distinguish completed events when their background color is white or transparent.
- Improved the Week view when using Grid mode or when printing Weekly layout Style 2. When there are more items than available space within a date, a downward pointing arrow will appear at the bottom of the date to indicate there are additional items.
- Corrected a memory leak which could result in high memory use on some computers, especially when running the software for an extended period of time or frequently syncing with Google Calendar.
- Corrected syncing of new events that are created in Google Calendar. Previously, these new events wouldn't always automatically appear in VueMinder.
- Corrected syncing of all-day recurring events that are created in Google Calendar.
- Corrected syncing with Google Calendar when updates are made to individual event occurrences that are part of a recurring series.
- Corrected syncing with Google Calendar when using a proxy server.
- Corrected calendar sharing over a local network, so changes made while a computer is disconnected from the server are not overwritten with previous values after the computer reconnects. Also, changes made from other connected computers will properly sync to the reconnected computer.
- Corrected snoozing or dismissal of recurring event reminders. Sometimes the reminder would reappear after 1 minute.
- Corrected auto-snoozing of desktop alerts for recurring events.
- Corrected voice reminders to properly speak the month and date values. Previously, these were being switched around in countries that use a dd/mm/yyyy date format instead of mm/dd/yyyy.
- Corrected saving of desktop alert settings for an event or task, when the setting to speak a voice reminder is disabled after previously being enabled. The voice reminder was still enabled after saving.
- Corrected the checkboxes in the visible columns menu of the Event, Task, and Contact lists, to always be consistent with the currently visible columns.
- Corrected the "File As" field in the Contact Editor window. When a new contact is created and the contact's first, last, and middle names are entered, the "File As" field will update to include the middle name.
- Corrected the Details pane to not show "&" values in descriptions that include an & character.
- Corrected subscribing to the ICS URL of 30boxes. This correction also may also solve problems importing or subscribing to ICS files created by some other programs.
- Corrected double-clicking of an ICS file to import. The import would sometimes get stuck in a loop where additional import windows would appear.
- Corrected creation of tasks that don't have due dates. Sometimes the tasks would appear on the calendar anyway, with a starting date of 1793, and the calendar view would switch to this date.
- Other minor improvements and corrections.