Print Preview - "No printers are installed"

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
beckyjmcd

Print Preview - "No printers are installed"

Post by beckyjmcd » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Hello,

I am evaluating the Pro version and if everything goes well, I plan to purchase the product.

I am trying to use the Print Preview feature and I get a message that says "No printers are installed".

I am using Windows Vista 64-bit OS.

Thank You,
Becky McDermott

beckyjmcd

Re: Print Preview - "No printers are installed"

Post by beckyjmcd » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:33 pm

I should probably add that if I try to print the calendar to my printer, I get the following message:

Error Printing
An error occurred while attempting to print:
Handle 0 is not valid

So right now, I cannot print the calendar.

I'm not sure if this is related to my 64-bit OS or maybe because I have the trial version.

Thank you,
Becky

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi Becky, welcome to the forums. The trial version is not limited in any way. Also, most of the development and testing of VueMinder is performed on Windows 7 x64.

The only time I've seen this problem is when running VueMinder as an administrator (elevated permissions). For whatever reason, Windows won't let programs that are running in administrator mode have access to the printer drivers that are installed for the current user.

In any case, there's no need to run VueMinder in administrator mode. To fix the problem, right-click the shortcut you're using to launch VueMinder and select "Properties". On the "Compatibility" tab, uncheck "Run this program as an administrator".

If that doesn't explain the problem, then I'm not sure what else it could be. A reboot might fix it. If not, then try reinstalling your printer driver, or check if there's an updated driver available from the manufacturer.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you're unable to get it working.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

beckyjmcd

Post by beckyjmcd » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:37 pm

The properties indicated that it was NOT running in administrator mode.

However, a reboot fixed everything.

Thank you!