questions

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Merlin

questions

Post by Merlin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi Dan.
1. Is it possible for the Pro version to sync with 2 different gmail calendar accounts?
2. If yes, is it possible to only sync 1 of my VueMinder calendars with the gmail accounts?
What I'm trying to do is enter a "kids school schedule" calendar into VueMinder and sync that with both mine and my wife's android phones.
Thanks.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: questions

Post by VueSoft » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi Merlin. Currently, VueMinder can only sync with 1 Google account. I'm planning to improve this. However, there's an easy workaround.

In the Google Calendar settings webpage, adjust the calendar sharing settings so that your other Google account has full access (make changes and manage sharing). This will allow 2-way syncing of the calendar with VueMinder through your main Google account. I believe both Android phones will also be able to access the shared calendar.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:09 pm

But I only want 1 calendar from vueminder to end up on the other phone, not anything else.
Wouldn't that copy all my google calendar entries over to the other phone?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi Merlin, you can pick and choose which Google calendars you want VueMinder to sync, using the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu. Adding one Google Calendar doesn't mean VueMinder will sync with all the others. You could configure VueMinder to only sync with the "kids school schedule" calendar.

As for picking and choosing which calendars are seen on the Android phones, that's probably more a question for Google. I'm not sure I entirely follow what you're asking.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Merlin

Post by Merlin » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:17 am

Hey Dan.
I figured it out on Google's end.
Thanks.