Maximize window only showing half size.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
ipbr21054

Maximize window only showing half size.

Post by ipbr21054 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:20 pm

I have selected always show taskbar icon even when minimized,But when i click on the on the minimized tab it never opens up to full screen,thus being able to see part of the desktop.
I have to then click on the maximize button in order to show full screen of calander.
I have dragged the bottom right hand corner to the whole screen expecting the calander to remember the place i release the mouse button but still the same.
Attachments
calander (Small).jpg
calander (Small).jpg (34.91 KiB) Viewed 14575 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Maximize window only showing half size.

Post by VueSoft » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:36 pm

To maximize the window, click the rectangle button to the left of the red X, in the upper-right corner of the window. If you minimize the window and then double-click the task tray icon (or click its icon in the taskbar if it's still shown), the window should restore back to the maximized size.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:54 pm

I have done what you have mentioned but the problem i have listed happens at every pc restart.
If i click on the maximize button then yes it pops to full screen no problem.
Next time i come to use the pc after a restart then the problem is back,thus having to manually maximize it again.
Cant the programme just remember the maximize setting and open to that size each time ?

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:04 am

Can we also fix this on the next update so it will maximize fullscreen each time as opposed to me selecting it each time.

Thanks

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:10 pm

Thank you for the reminder. I'll see if I can fix this in 8.4.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:00 am

I spent a few hours trying to find a reliable way to work around this issue, but everything I tried caused other side-effects, which you'd probably like less than the (in my opinion) minor inconvenience of having to click the maximize button one time after a reboot.

There are a couple things you could do...

Instead of clicking the task bar to restore the VueMinder window, try double-clicking the icon in the task tray. When using the task tray icon, VueMinder will remember that it's supposed to be maximized. When you use the task bar, Windows takes charge and doesn't allow VueMinder the opportunity to maximize itself before it gets displayed.

You could also uncheck the Program Option labeled "Minimize to task tray when Windows starts". This will cause the program to initially appear as maximized.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

allenk23

Post by allenk23 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi Dan. Sorry to jump in on ipbr21054's original message, but I too have the identical problem. Also, double-clicking on the systray icon does not work. While the resulting window opens a bit larger and in a slightly different position as compared to opening from the task bar, it still does not Maximize. I too have tried everything I can think of, but all have failed.

Thanks,
Allen K.

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:44 pm

I did also unselect "Minimize to task tray when Windows starts" but each time the pc started the main window would start to install.
I mean it looks the same window as if i just downloaded and installed an update.
Its a minor problem to fix but when you do it every day its a big issue,for me anyway.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:58 pm

I think this should be fixed now. A new version of the beta is available, if you'd like to try it.
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=606
Dan Chartrand, Founder

ipbr21054

Post by ipbr21054 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:09 am

I am using the beta version and will try it to see what the outcome is.

Thanks.