Completed Events Not Grey

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
HomerJS

Completed Events Not Grey

Post by HomerJS » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi there,

I'm trying to get my 'completed' events on my calendar (in month view) to be grey (or even better, a colour of my choosing) when I select view>show completed events - but the events are still in their category set colours.

I'm using view>color events using... > category colors

I saw in the help section a page (in may have been based on an earlier version of Vueminder) the ability to change/set 'completed events' colors in the calendar properties box. I couldn't see that option in ver 8.1.3.

Is there a method for me to set the 'completed events' colour to a light grey?

I'm using ver 8.3.1 and WinXP SP3

Thanks,
Andrew

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Completed Events Not Grey

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi Andrew, I believe what you saw was referring to the Task Calendar properties, described in the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... indow.html

The color of completed tasks can be customized. Tasks are a bit different than events. Completed events will maintain their color, but become faded. Tasks are colored based on their status (upcoming, overdue, completed).

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

HomerJS

Post by HomerJS » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:09 am

Hi there,

Yes it's the 'events' not 'tasks' I'm referring to. Sorry, I shouldn't have mention task calendar properties.

But my completed events are not faded? I've set them to 'completed' via right click, and have enabled "show completed events" via view menu.

I'm using category colors. Any other ideas on how to fade my completed events?

Cheers

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi Andrew, are you sure they aren't faded? Could you try switching to the Day view, and select one of the completed events? If the selected time slot highlight shows through the event's background color, then it's faded (fading is accomplished by adjusting the event transparency).

Some colors will make the fading more evident. Darker colors are usually best. If you set the background color to white, you might not see any difference.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

HomerJS

Post by HomerJS » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:04 am

OK thanks. So it's the background color that is faded not the text? Is there are way to fade the text (as opposed to the background colour) for completed events? I have transparent backgrounds for all but the most important events otherwise the calendar gets too "colorful".

Thanks.
Andrew

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi Andrew, I'll improve this so the titles of completed events will also be faded. I'll try to work this into the next version, and will let you know when it's available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

HomerJS

Post by HomerJS » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:32 am

Thanks Dan. That would be a great feature.