Window position

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
BobJanice

Window position

Post by BobJanice » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 am

I'm using the latest version of VueMinder Pro (8.3.1) and have it set to stat with Windows. When it first opens up on the desktop, it's window is maximized to full screen. I have re-sized the window but every time Windows starts VueMinder's window starts in full screen mode. Is there any way to have VueMinder remember the position of the re-sized window when it first starts after Windows boots so I don't have to continuously re-size it?? I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and I'm talking about the main VueMinder window - not the semi-transparent one.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Window position

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Hi BobJanice, VueMinder should remember its previous size and position when started, so I'm not sure why you're seeing this behavior.

Could you run regedit, and then navigate to the following key?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

You should see a "VueMinder" entry. To make VueMinder start with Windows using its previous size and location, the value of the VueMinder entry (shown in the "Data" column) should be:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VueSoft\VueMinder\VueMinder.exe"

There shouldn't be any number following the .exe. If there's a number, double-click the VueMinder entry and then remove the number from the end, so the value matches what is shown above.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if it doesn't fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA