VueMinder Pro 8.3.1 update

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
BobJ

VueMinder Pro 8.3.1 update

Post by BobJ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:42 am

This morning I was offered an update from VueMinder Pro 8.3.0 to 8.3.1 on my Windows XP Pro system. When the installation was complete I clicked on the desktop icon that was created but the program did not open. I then went to the installation folder and double-clicked the program icon, but again it would not open.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder Pro 8.3.1 update

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:21 pm

Hi BobJ, could you try rebooting and let me know if that doesn't fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

BobJ

Post by BobJ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi Dan,

I needed to reboot a few minutes ago and I was surprised to see that VueMinder opened just fine after that. I was coming to the forum to tell you to ignore the problem when I saw your message. I'm somewhat confused because several previous updates have all installed successfully and immediately reopened VueMinder without any intervention, so I'm not sure why this update would have been any different.

My only attempt at a "fix" would have been to reinstall 8.3.0, which worked fine, except that I didn't have the 8.3.0 install file to do that and the only option for a download is the 8.3.1 version that appeared to be broken. My original download of Pro was the 8.2.1 version and all of the updates since then have been through the notification window when a new version was available. Unfortunately that window does not offer a download option, but merely a live update, so I would have had to go all the way back to 8.2.1 to reinstall and I wasn't sure if the file format was still compatible with that.

It sure would be nice if there was a download option when we are notified of a new version so that we would have an install file if we needed to go back to it. For many programs I've got the install file for every version I've ever used, in some cases dozens of them.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. If you'd like to manually download an update instead of letting the update checker install it for you, you can click the "Download Pro" button on the VueMinder website. If you've already registered your license, this will install on top of the current version and preserve your license. It's basically the same thing as what the update checker is installing for you.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA