Sync problems with Android

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Franci

Sync problems with Android

Post by Franci » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:38 am

Hello,

as mentioned in the Subject, I have a problem. My idea was to link vueminder calendars through Google Calendars to my mobile. My Initial fear of syncing vueminder with google was this time unjustified, as it went perfectly with new 3.1 release (amazin job on that!!!), but now I have a problem with the second step in the process - I just cannot sync my google calendars with android!?!?

The initial (default) calendar syncs amazingly on my mobile, but I cannot get other two Vueminder calendars working. I tried everything which I could remember:

- checked any settings possible on my default calendar and copy it,
- tried other mobile applications,
- searched in various forums, but with no success.

Then later on, I saw that these calendars are on through google gorups, as I saw ID of the calendar. Only my default calendar has the name which is the same as my email - other two has some really long code before @group.calendar.google.com so I am thinking that this might be a problem.

I am deseparate here, so I would be really gratefull for any suggestions.

Nice regards,
Franci

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync problems with Android

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi Franci, using the default Calendar app that came pre-loaded on my Android, I can press the Settings/menu button, which shows a menu containing "Day", "Week", "Month", "Agenda", "Today" and "More". Pressing "More" gives me a screen listing all my Google Calendars and allowing selection of which calendars should sync and be visible on my Android. I have over a dozen calendars on my Google account and can see them all on my phone. These calendars all sync with VueMinder as well.

My phone has Android version 2.2.2. It's a Motorola Atrix 4G. I would think any Android-based phone should provide the same "More" button allowing access to all your calendars, but I could be mistaken.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA