Subscribing calendars not updated fully

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
tomkane

Subscribing calendars not updated fully

Post by tomkane » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:05 am

I've just installed calendar on a computer 2 and subscribed to each other using a stored .ics placed on ftp server.

they collect all new entries on each others calendars, but as soon as you delete an entry the subscriber's does not seem to pick up that it's been deleted ?

is this usual ? or is there something wrong ?

I have amended them to update every 5 minutes and manually updated them but to no avail !

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Subscribing calendars not updated fully

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi tomkane, welcome to the forums. The problems you're seeing should be resolved in 8.3.0. A beta is available, if you'd like to try it:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=577
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

tomkane

Post by tomkane » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:56 am

Thanks for the updates

I've been testing for the whole morning on a group of 4 computers all viewing each other's calendars.

It's still not recognising when an entry is deleted off a subscribed calendar. At first it seemed to work a bit better but now it's failing to do it.

I thought it might be a problem with my ftp server, so I tried using Icalx.com to host them all.

I've set all computers that are subscribing to do so every 5 minutes and some have the right to publish to others calendars but only manually not automatic in case old data is published back to an amended calendar.

i find it baffling as I can clearly see on the 'icalx online calendar browser' that the entry in question has been deleted, but clicking update on the subscription in my VueMinder still shows the offending entry that should not be there ?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Hi tomkane, thank you for the information. I'm not sure why you're still seeing problems. I'll run some more tests to see if I can duplicate the behavior. If I can duplicate it, then I should be able to find what's causing the problem and make a correction. I'll let you know when an update is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

tomkane

Post by tomkane » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 am

Thank you for looking into this, I would like to make sure it's stable as I need to get this working for a few of our workers who are out on the laptop all the time.

I run the danger of publishing outdated information from my end if I want to send amendments to any of my chaps calendars.

All my coputers are running Win 7 - the laptop I'm testing it with is Windows XP. I've tested between 2 windows 7 machines and between XP laptop and Win7 machine, all do the same thing.

Is it possible you can test it with Icalx ?

It seems to work every now and then, perhaps 2 in every 10 changes are picked up on other subscribed calendars. it seems to affect both additions and deletion of existing events. some times it picks up the change sometimes not. I'm always checking against the actual saved .ics on the icalx website. the changes are always sent (published) to icalx without fail, it's just not being replicated on subcribed calendars.

I've been trying to see a pattern all morning but can't pin anything down. it seems fairly random.

tomkane

Post by tomkane » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:52 am

Hi

Is there anything you've found that could be causing this ?

I've noticed after regular testing over last few days that it seems to be working perhaps every 4 in 10 changes made.

It appears to affect not only things being deleted and not showing on subscribed calendars, but also not picking up new events too !

Please help as this is integral to my usage of VueClendar.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:26 am

Hi Tom, I've found a few problems that might be related. I also found a problem where updates to a recurring event on one computer would cause the instance of that event to be removed when viewed on other computers. Nothing I've seen exactly matches the behavior you're describing, but I think the problems might be related.

I've corrected the problems and have been syncing calendars with icalx most of today, without any further problems noted.

I'm working on releasing 8.3.1 as soon as possible.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Version 8.3.1 has been released. To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder