The beta is now completed and version 8.3 has been officially released. It can be downloaded here:
A beta release of VueMinder Calendar Pro 8.3.0 (Beta 2) is available for download:
Before installing, first ensure the current version isn't running by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit".
The primary focus of this release was to fix a number of bugs and performance issues. Some other improvements have been made, but most of the changes were to fix problems.
Here's a summary of the changes:
- Added a new appearance theme named ElectricBlue.
- Added the ability to paste images into the text editor used for entering event, task, note, and contact details.
- Improved the Event List to show the sum duration of events, when 2 or more event rows are selected.
- Improved the Upcoming Events area of the Desktop Calendar to identify today's events as well as the number of days remaining until upcoming events occur.
- Improved the Timeline view's header to make it easier to determine which day of the week is displayed.
- Improved the installation to check for .NET 3.5 SP1. If found, VueMinder Calendar will be automatically launched after the installation is completed.
- Corrected a problem on some computers where VueMinder would run slowly or frequently become non-responsive.
- Corrected performance problems when syncing with Google Calendar.
- Corrected error messages when offline and a calendar attempts to sync with with Google Calendar.
- Corrected syncing through Google Calendar to include any custom event appearance overrides, so those same overrides would appear on other computers running VueMinder and syncing with the same Google Calendar.
- Corrected Google Calendar syncing of recurring events having large durations, such as 28 days.
- Corrected problems defining events with certain recurrence patterns, such as a yearly event that is 22 days in duration. A message was incorrectly stating the event had overlapping occurrences.
- Corrected Google Calendar syncing of events that have formatted text descriptions, so those formatted descriptions aren't converted to plain text if the event is edited in Google Calendar and synced back to VueMinder.
- Corrected the right-click "Assign to Calendar" command to properly assign events to the specified calendar.
- Corrected the Desktop Calendar to be maximized only when commanded. Sometimes it would maximize after restarting.
- Corrected refreshing of item colors when viewing by priority, location, or category, and the associated priority, location, or category appearance is modified.
- Corrected pasting of events that have custom color overrides. The custom colors weren't being shown until something else caused the calendar view to refresh.
- Corrected the "Categorize" right-click menu command when used on an event that has a custom color override. The command was resetting the custom colors.
- Corrected refreshing of the sort order in the Note List when a note is opened and pinned to a different date.
- Corrected refreshing of the Category column in the Note List when a note is assigned to a different category.
- Corrected refreshing of date colors in the Navigation Pane after events, tasks, or notes are deleted.
- Corrected the "New Appointment For Contact" command to make the appointment appear in the Links tab of the associated contact. This allows automatic tracking of a history of appointments for a contact.
- Corrected the Contacts List to show the List button in the upper-right corner. It was being hidden behind the Search box.
- Corrected the "Refresh List" command in the Event, Task, and Note Lists when search results are shown. The command was clearing the search results and returning to the full list, rather than refreshing the search results.
- Corrected problems with the Username field visibility in the Contact Editor.
- Corrected problems importing or subscribing to ICS files containing weekly recurring events that span multiple weeks.
- Corrected problems importing or subscribing to ICS files that invalid UTF-16 characters.
- Corrected problems importing or subscribing to some calendars generated by Microsoft Outlook.
- Corrected the Event Editor when a read-only event is opened. Some fields were editable but shouldn't have been.
- Corrected a problem with the Event Editor window not being able to be closed after opening a read-only event and clicking the Calendar field.
- Corrected a problem in the popup reminder window where it would sometimes show the original or previous occurrences of recurring series, not the current one.
- Corrected the "Snooze All" and "Dismiss All" buttons in the popup reminder window, to correctly snooze or dismiss all the displayed events. Sometimes, recurring events weren't snoozed or dismissed, and would appear again after a minute.
- Corrected a problem with the active reminder indicator arrow of the popup reminder window sometimes not appearing.
- Corrected dismissal of desktop alerts when events/tasks also have a popup reminder and the desktop alert is dismissed via the Dismiss command in its drop-down menu.
- Corrected the Recent Reminders window to list voice reminders that were sent by phone.
- Corrected the tooltip balloon shown when the cursor is hovered over a date in the Navigation Pane or drop-down calendar. The tooltip wasn't listing items that are hidden or filtered.
- Corrected a problem with the calculated starting time of repeating tasks. The next instance would always default to midnight, not the specified start time of the previous instance.
- Corrected the work day settings in the Calendar Options to use checkboxes and drop-down lists.
- Corrected the additional time zone shown along the edge of the Day and Week views. Some time zones were off by an hour.
- Corrected the Details pane for events containing ampersands in their description.
- Corrected the Details pane to not show "&edsp" in the description of some items.
- Corrected the duration values shown in the Details pane. For example, instead of showing a duration value of 1.7 weeks, it will now be 11 days.
- Corrected a problem with the Clock area of the window sometimes switching from digital mode to analog on some computers, after restarting.
- Corrected printing of Weekly Style 1 to include event descriptions if space is available.
- Corrected the "Date range" field in the Print window to only have an "All dates" entry when the "List" print layout is selected.
- Corrected the "Check For Updates" command on the File menu to detect any new versions released after VueMinder Calendar was started or a previous update check performed.
- Corrected the output of the "Save as Web Page" command to not show completed events or tasks, if the View menu is configured to hide completed items.
- Corrected the "Save as Web Page" command to provide a warning message if the destination folder is not empty and the option to clean the destination folder was selected.
- Many other minor improvements and corrections.