Loss of text formatting for Event Description

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
labminder

Loss of text formatting for Event Description

Post by labminder » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm a teacher and I've decided to use VueMinder as my daily planner. It works better than anything else I've tried and I've decided to buy it. I've copy/pasted my teaching schedule/block rotation into the Event Description tab of each school day. However, I lose the text formatting randomly for a date here or a date there. Sometimes, I even see HTML code in the Details pane along with my text.When I go back to check the description, the format toolbar is usually missing (although not in the last particular instance). Basically, it seems that random Event descriptions jump from the Formatted Text tab to the Plain Text one.

VueMinder allows me to re-format and save the changes, but then the same problem occurs with another Event Description. In the time it's taken me to set up a full school year (by copying and pasting the block rotation), I've had this problem occur four times with four different dates. I searched your forum but didn't find anyone reporting a similar problem. Is it something I'm doing? Does it have anything to do with my Google Calender sync (where Event Descriptions are in plain text)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Other than this glitch, I'm absolutely happy with VueMinder. I'm so glad I found it! :D

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Loss of text formatting for Event Description

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Hi labminder, welcome to the forums. Thank you for the feedback.

The problem you're seeing with the formatted text being converted to plain text has been corrected for the next version. The problem occurs after syncing with Google Calendar, if the events have been modified in any way on Google Calendar. The plain text description in Google Calendar is overwriting the formatted text description in VueMinder after syncing.

I apologize for the inconvenience and will let you know when an update is available to download.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

labminder

Post by labminder » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:48 pm

That's good to hear. Thanks for the quick response to my question. I've already shown VueMinder to other people. It's an excellent program.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:29 pm

The next version (8.3.0) fixes the problem with formatted text descriptions being lost after syncing with Google Calendar. As long as the description isn't edited in Google Calendar, the formatted text will be preserved. If you're interested, a beta is available here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=577
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

labminder

Post by labminder » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Thanks! I'll try the beta in the next few days. I'm also using VueMinder to keep my homework site calendar updated for students. Updating from my desktop makes the process easier and faster. Test updates have worked great.