Reminder problems

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Boopsie200

Reminder problems

Post by Boopsie200 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:58 pm

This note was written and first screen shot made on June 28: The June 14 White Collar reminder popped up again today even though it had been dismissed. I think this has been happening since the last update. I've worked around it by changing the start date for the series; June 7 was originally the beginning date for this series. I don't know why the June 21 reminder didn't pop up again. Maybe I have some setting wrong, maybe you're already working on it for the next update???

P.S. The June 22 reminder is not an error -- I just haven't done it yet :oops:
VueMinder View.jpg
VueMinder View.jpg (437.68 KiB) Viewed 12120 times
Today, July 5: I had decided to save the above note and wait and see if the problem continued. Today, in addition to two White Collar reminders, I have a bill pay reminder that says it's 22 weeks overdue. I'm being reminded of the February 5 event instead of the July 5 event. The February 5 event was definitely marked completed. In options, I definitely have the box checked "don't show reminders for completed items."

I'm not sure, but these problems might have started when I opted to have only the start time column showing in the reminder window. I have tried changing these settings. Today, just to see what would happen, I checked all three reminders options again, then exited and restarted VueMinder. The reminder for the bill pay popped up showing July 5 but changed to February 5 while I was sitting here looking at it! I've duplicated this two more times. But at least the June 21 White Collar reminder did not pop up again. Note: I am not syncing with any other calendars. No problems with non-recurring events.
VueMinder View3.jpg
VueMinder View3.jpg (267.15 KiB) Viewed 12120 times
Previously dismissed White Collar reminder showing up again:
VueMinder View4.jpg
VueMinder View4.jpg (261.08 KiB) Viewed 12120 times

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Reminder problems

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi Boopsie200, thank you for the information. I'm currently working on a correction for the next release. I'll let you know when it's available to download.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:26 pm

I believe these problems have been corrected in 8.3.0. A beta is available here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=577

Please let me know if you try the beta but still see problems.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Boopsie200

Post by Boopsie200 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Thanks, Dan. I tried to use VueMinder Pro 8.3.0 beta. Norton Security Suite (from Comcast) has quarantined/removed it TWICE. I tried the second time to install it with antivirus temporarily disabled, then discovered hours later that it had been blocked again. Norton says the program is "behaving suspiciously." I uninstalled 8.3.0 beta and reinstalled 8.2.1, will wait for the final update.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi Boopsie200, thank you for letting me know about the problem. I'm not sure what the new version of VueMinder is doing that Norton would consider suspicious. Is there a log file or any additional information provided by Norton? If so, could you send this information to support@vueminder.com? I'll use this information to submit a false-positive report to Norton.

Just to set the record straight for anyone that reads this and is concerned, VueMinder does not do anything that could be even remotely considered suspicious. Data is transmitted only when commanded, as when syncing with Google Calendar or publishing to an ICS file. The software runs under the security constraints of managed .NET, meaning it can't do anything harmful to your computer because the .NET Framework won't allow it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

MichaelDevlin

Post by MichaelDevlin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi Dan,

I too was having this same problem so where I could I avoided putting recurring events in the calendar. After seeing this had been fixed in 8.3 I have upgraded and started adding recurring events again and the very following day It is telling me again that yesterdays dismissed event is overdue. It has been 5 days and every day passed dismissed recurring events have popped up again. Will go back to outlook for recurring events for now. Look forward to a solution.

Cheers
Michael

[img]
reminders.JPG
reminders.JPG (34.37 KiB) Viewed 12076 times
[/img]

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:30 am

Hi Michael, I've made some additional corrections for 8.3.1 that might fix the problems. This version should be available shortly.

If you update to 8.3.1 and still notice problems, could you send a backup of you data file to support@vueminder.com? This will help me track down what is causing these issues, which I can't seem to duplicate using my test data.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

MichaelDevlin

Post by MichaelDevlin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi Dan,

After about a week so far everything seems to be going as expected. The only minor problem I'm seeing is that all future recurring events are greyed out giving them the appearance that they have been completed, although they function correctly. If I open one and hit save it fixes this and then as soon as I complete the next occurrence all future occurrences of this event grey out again.

Thanks
Michael

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi Michael, could you try deleting and re-creating the problematic event series? I think that will clear it up.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

MichaelDevlin

Post by MichaelDevlin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Dan, sorry should have been a bit more clear. I have tried that and it still happens. Also it is happening to every one of my reoccurring events, not just one in particular.

Thanks.