Canot see my Vueminder Calendar in Google calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Tanya

Canot see my Vueminder Calendar in Google calendar

Post by Tanya » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:57 pm

I have created a personal calendar in VM which I am trying to sync with Google Calendar. I also have a Google calendar that syncs fine. I have the settings on my personal VM calendar set to sync with Google Calendar and have set the firewall to allow VM (I am using win 7 with VM 8.0.1).
I cannot see my personal VM calendar in Google calendar and it says it has never been synced.
When I sync this calendar to Google calendar it takes about 1 second, I get no error messages.
When I go into Google calendar I refresh the page and still my personal VM calendar is not in there.
I have spent a lot of time creating my personal VM calendar and really need to sync this with google. Do I need to do something in Google calendar so it will see my personal VM calendar? I do not want to have to manually re-write all my events etc...into my google calendar.
I think I must be missing something. Please help..

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Canot see my Vueminder Calendar in Google calendar

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi Tanya, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure, but I think this problem may have been corrected since 8.0.1. If possible, please update to the latest version (8.2.1) to see if that fixes it. You could also try the following steps:

1. Export your calendar from VueMinder to an ICS file, using the "Export Events" command on the File menu.
2. Import the ICS file into Google Calendar.
3. Use the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu to add whichever Google Calendar your events were imported into.
4. You'll probably see duplicated events in VueMinder. After adding the Google Calendar, you can safely delete the calendar in VueMinder that you previously exported to an ICS file. This will eliminate the duplicates.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA