Google Colors do not sync

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Robri

Google Colors do not sync

Post by Robri » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:47 pm

Hello:

I have tried this several different ways. I originally created my calendar with Google calendar and when I set up Vueminder I added my Google calendar. All events synched up perfectly, but the colors did not. I have many different events that are all color coded and the colors are important. I then downloaded the pro version and that also didn’t make a difference. I then decided to re-color code all the events on Vueminder and turned on the 2 way sync thinking that it would change the colors on Google calendar and it did not. I installed Vueminder also on my laptop hoping that colors would at least sync from when I changed everything in Vueminder pro. No luck!!! All events come in as Blue. Any Ideas on how I can fix this? It is very frustrating!!! I like the program a lot, but the color limitation is a major problem!!!

Thanks,

Rob

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google Colors do not sync

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:00 am

Hi Rob, welcome to the forums. Currently, only the overall calendar colors sync. VueMinder has a number of other coloring modes (categories, priorities, locations, and event color overrides). However, Google Calendar can only color based on calendar or event color override.

Are you using one of the other color modes in VueMinder? I might be able to improve this, to use the custom color overrides in Google Calendar if the "Appearance" tab in the Event Editor of VueMinder Calendar has been set to use a custom color. However, I believe there are only 8 custom event colors that can be selected in Google Calendar, as opposed to 16.7 million in VueMinder. The colors would need to be a rough approximation and might not exactly match.

I've added this to my to-do list and will let you know when an update is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Robri

Post by Robri » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks for your quick response. I actually did go in and change all the event colors using the appearance tab for each event. I made changes on my desktop computer and I am using Google calendar to sync it with my laptop that also has Vueminder installed. The problem is that the colors on my desktop calendar do not get transferred to my Laptop when I sync. Just the events come through. Any ideas if I am doing something wrong or is there a better way to sync between my home and work computers?

Thanks,

Rob

Robri

Post by Robri » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:35 pm

I have been experimenting all day today. I have even tried to sync the Calendar using Ical exchange thinking that the color event problem was a Google issue. Even using Ical Exchange the colored events do not sync over to my laptop. All the events appear Light Blue. Am I doing something wrong???? The Color coded events are rather important to me. I hope that someone can offer advice. I love the program...I just need to make the colored coded events work. Thanks for any help!!!

Rob

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi Rob, any custom colors defined for individual events via the "Appearance" tab of the Event Editor will be local only and won't sync to Google Calendar, or other computers running VueMinder and syncing to the same Google Calendar. I apologize for the frustration and for not explaining this better in my previous response.

I'm working on improving this in the next version and will let you know when an update is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:27 pm

I've completed the corrections, so color overrides will appear on all computers that sync with the same Google Calendar. If you'd like an early look, the beta is available here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=577
Dan Chartrand, Founder