Google Calendar and VueMinder Categories

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
BobJanice

Google Calendar and VueMinder Categories

Post by BobJanice » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Dan,

A question about categories and and syncing with Google Calendar. . . .

I created a one time event in my VueMinder calendar and chose "Must Attend' as the category. The calendar is synced with Google Calendar. Even after two days of syncing the event did not show up on my Google Calendar. As soon as I changed the category in VueMinder to "Personal" the event immediately showed up in Google Calendar.

Should events with any of the default categories from VueMinder sync correctly with Google Calendar?? Or will only some of the categories sync correctly??

Thanks,

Bob

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Google Calendar and VueMinder Categories

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi Bob, I'm not sure why the event didn't sync to Google Calendar. Maybe it was a one-time glitch. Could you try creating another event with a category of "Must Attend", and let me know if that doesn't sync with Google Calendar either? I just tested this, and it seemed to sync without a problem.

The associated category shouldn't matter when syncing with Google Calendar, since Google Calendar doesn't do anything with the category data. Please let me know if you're able to repeat the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

BobJanice

Re: Google Calendar and VueMinder Categories

Post by BobJanice » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:37 am

Dan,

Did as you suggested . . . Created a "test" event with a category of "Must Attend". It synced with Google Calendar immediately. You were probably right - it was a temporary glitch with Google Calendar with my original event. Thanks for the help.

Bob