Sync with Google

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
kacarney

Sync with Google

Post by kacarney » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:18 pm

I have been able to sync with google and my google entries show up in VueMinder but none of my VueMinder entries show up in my google calendar. I have tried reading everything I could find but just can't seem to correct the problem.

I thought I was computer savvy but I just can't figure it out. Please help.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync with Google

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi kacarney, welcome to the forums. First, are you using the Pro version? If you're using the Lite version, syncing will only be 1-way. You'll see changes made in Google Calendar automatically appear in VueMinder, but not vice versa.

If you're using the Pro version, check the sync direction to ensure it is set to "2-way". This setting is found in the Google Calendar tab of the Calendar Properties window. If the drop-down list doesn't provide "2-way" as an option, that means the calendar is read-only. This is usually due to the calendar being owned by someone else, and you only having read access. In that case, you'll need to request the calendar owner to grant you read/write permissions. The account permissions are controlled in Google Calendar, on the calendar settings page.

If the sync direction is 2-way, but you're not seeing your changes appear on Google Calendar, are you refreshing the web page? It doesn't automatically refresh, so it will appear like events created in VueMinder aren't showing up in Google Calendar, if you have the web page open while the changes are made. Refreshing the page should result in the changes appearing.

If that doesn't explain it either, then it could be your firewall. Some firewalls allow inbound traffic but not outbound. Check your firewall settings to ensure VueMinder isn't being blocked.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if none of these suggestions fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

kacarney

Post by kacarney » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:00 pm

I do have the pro. I have it set for 2way and I have checked the firewall. What else could cause the problem? Still won't sync with google.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Hi kacarney, is this an existing Google Calendar? If so, try removing the calendar from VueMinder by right-clicking its name and selecting "Delete Calendar". Next, use the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu to re-add the calendar. To test it, create a couple of events in Google Calendar. You should see those events automatically appear in VueMinder after 10-15 seconds.

I hope that fixes it. Please let me know if it still doesn't work.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

kacarney

Post by kacarney » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:20 pm

VueSoft wrote:Hi kacarney, is this an existing Google Calendar? If so, try removing the calendar from VueMinder by right-clicking its name and selecting "Delete Calendar". Next, use the "Add Google Calendar" command on the File menu to re-add the calendar. To test it, create a couple of events in Google Calendar. You should see those events automatically appear in VueMinder after 10-15 seconds.

I hope that fixes it. Please let me know if it still doesn't work.
It is working now, I think. Hate to tell you what the problem was. I was looking at my google calendar and thought it would show up there. I just had to click on my vueminder calendar and it is there. Assume now I can see it on my phone.