Unable to Create/Open/Edit Events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Unable to Create/Open/Edit Events

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:10 am

Hi mmwebber, having .NET 4.0 shouldn't cause any problems. I'm wondering about XP SP2 though. The latest is SP3.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

arjaysee

Post by arjaysee » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:14 am

As previous reported to you in an email dated 4 June 2011, there were no VueMinder error codes displayed ..

I have no problem with spell checker, especially using the mouse right-click function

mmwebber

Post by mmwebber » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:37 pm

8.4.1 this is still an issue. The only thing I can imagine could it have something to do with having multiple monitors on the system? I have 2 desktop monitor and switch one over to a HDTV to watch movies and stuff.

Is it possible the 'edit' window was somehow lost? I can copy and paste existing items, delete items, change priority, classification etc.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi mmwebber, it's possible the Event Editor window is appearing outside the visible screen area, although there are checks that are supposed to prevent this from happening.

To see if this is the problem, exit VueMinder and then go to the folder where its data is saved (as specified in the Program Options). In that folder there will be a file named "ProgramSettings.xml". Open that file in Notepad. Search for "FormEventLeft" and set the value to 0. Also set the value of "FormEventTop" to 0. Save the file, restart VueMinder, and then create or open an event. The event editor should appear in the upper-left corner.

If it still doesn't appear, maybe position (0,0) is on a different screen that you're not seeing. Repeat the steps above, but try setting FormEventLeft to 1700 or a value that might appear on your other monitor.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

mmwebber

Post by mmwebber » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:01 pm

The settings were zeroed, I altered them to 800, 600 but still didn't work.

Downgraded back to 7.2 again and the edit window opened at 800, 600.