Unable to Create/Open/Edit Events

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
arjaysee

Unable to Create/Open/Edit Events

Post by arjaysee » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Since I updated my VueMinder Calander Pro to the Version 8.2.1, I am unable to
create or open or edit any Event. The Desktop display tends to freeze up when I
try to use any Event function and there is no longer any icon in the task tray
Functionality for Notes and Tasks and Contacts appear to be okay.
I have restarted and uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times.
Please investigate and resolve as I need to use it every day ..
Thanks ... Robert

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Unable to Create/Open/Edit Events

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi Robert, welcome to the forums. My guess is that Microsoft .NET 3.5 is installed, but missing Service Patch 1. Could you try installing .NET 3.5 SP1, and let me know if that doesn't fix it?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

arjaysee

Post by arjaysee » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:08 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Robert, welcome to the forums. My guess is that Microsoft .NET 3.5 is installed, but missing Service Patch 1. Could you try installing .NET 3.5 SP1, and let me know if that doesn't fix it?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en
I already have Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 installed including Update KB963707, Security Update KB2416473, Hotfix KB953595 and Hotfix KB958484.
I tried to reinstall Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 which gave me a repair option which I selected. I tried the program again and discovered the same symptoms. Even after a restart, it's still the same !!!
Can you send me a copy of the previous version, which worked okay ...

arjaysee

Post by arjaysee » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:12 am

I forgot to say that I am using Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi Robert, could you do me a favor and try the previous 8.2 beta, which will report error messages? I'm thinking some type of error condition is being encountered, but I'm not sure what is causing it yet. It could be due to the Arial font being missing, or some other weird thing like that.

Before installing the beta, fully exit VueMinder and then uninstall the current version via the Control Panel. Next, use the link below to download and install the previous beta:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... _BETA2.exe

Hopefully the beta will provide an error message when attempting to create or open an event. If so, please provide the details of the error message. You can email it to support@vueminder.com.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

mmwebber

Post by mmwebber » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:26 pm

I had this same problem with the last stable update, now again with 8.3.

Error message like this:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: ContextMenu cannot be shown on an invisible control.
Parameter name: control
at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenu.Show(Control control, Point pos, Int32 flags)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenu.Show(Control control, Point pos)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m, Control sourceControl)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmContextMenu(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

arjaysee

Post by arjaysee » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:37 am

I am happy to know that I am not the only one who is having this problem and that the problem still exists ... because I have decided not to load any updates until I am convinced this problem has been resolved.
I am still operating at version 8.1.3 and it appears to be working well at this stage for my needs ..
I have done the tests required from support but haven't heard anything more from them since then.
I suggest that a new set of "micro update"versions be produced since 8.1.3 in which each single correction/update can be tested "step by step" until the test fails .. that way we will then determine which minor correction/update is causing the problem ...

mmwebber

Post by mmwebber » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:10 am

I had the problem in 8.1.3, I am currently downgraded to 7.2.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Thank you for the information. Please bear with me...I'm trying to make some sense of what I'm reading. My understanding is that mmwebber was getting the reported error message in 8.1.3 and later versions, while arjaysee only started seeing the problem in 8.2.0 and later, and isn't seeing this in 8.1.3.

arjaysee, are you getting an error message when attempting to open an event? If so, is it the same error mmwebber reported, or something else?

The only thing that is related to the "ContextMenu" type is the spell checker that was added to the text editor. This was introduced in version 8.0.0. The spell checker has a right-click context menu for misspelled words. The menu should only be generated when right-clicking a spelling error, not when the editor window is opened. I'm not sure if it's related.

mmwebber, which version of Windows are you using. arjaysee is using Windows XP SP3. Are you also using XP? Are you 100% positive you have Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 installed? Could you try re-installing it, to see if that fixes the problem?
Dan Chartrand, Founder

mmwebber

Post by mmwebber » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:54 pm

When I had the issue with 8.1.3, I reistalled the .net 3.5 twice and vueminder 3 times.

I have /net 4.0 installed as well, could that be causing an issue?

Using XP sp 2