Only seeing Default Outlook Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Surefire

Only seeing Default Outlook Calendar

Post by Surefire » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi,

First day testing and looks great so far. I just have one problem. When trying to add an Outlook Calendar Vueminder can only see the default Calendar. Sync works fine for that one. Am I doing something wrong. Hitting Add Outlook Calendar and it just gives me a list of 1 - "Calendar". I actually have 4 calendars running. Calendars of different names that I may set up in VueMinder all sync with the default Outlook Calendar even if I set up identically named calendars on both sides. Hope someone can help.

Pat.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Only seeing Default Outlook Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:56 pm

Hi Pat, welcome to the forums. Are your other calendars located on an Exchange server? Currently, VueMinder can only sync with local Outlook calendars, due to limitations in the Outlook API. I'm planning to improve this, so calendars on Exchange servers can also be synced, but I'm not sure when that improvement will be available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Surefire

Post by Surefire » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi, no , just a standalone installation of Outlook 2007 on Windows 7

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi Pat, thanks for the clarification. Are all your calendars under the "Calendar" folder in Outlook? Could you go to the Folder List view in Outlook, and let me know if there's anything unusual about your folder setup? VueMinder is expecting to find any additional calendars under the main Calendar folder.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

Surefire

Post by Surefire » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:35 am

AAAAh. That has cured it. I had all calendars seperate. I have now put them in the default calendar folder and all is now working correctly.

Thanks Dan - very responsive support.

I have a different scenario at work. Outlook on exchange. I do not use the main Exchange calendar but run a calendar within a local personal .pst file (so that I know it remains personal). I am assuming that I will not be able to access it with Vueminder??

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:31 am

Hi Pat, VueMinder can't sync directly with calendars on an Exchange server. However, if your calendar is stored locally in a pst, then VueMinder should be able to sync with it. Just make sure it's in the default Calendar folder.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Version 10.0 of VueMinder Ultimate (not Pro or Lite) adds the ability to sync with calendars located on Exchange Server 2007 or later. To add a calendar, use the "Add Exchange Calendar" command on the File menu.

Note, the first sync might take a while (as in several minutes or longer). However, after the calendar finishes the initial sync, subsequent syncs will only take a fraction of a second to complete.

Version 10.0 has not been officially released yet. However, a beta is available if you'd like an early look at this new capability. You can download the beta using the link below.
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=908

Since this is a beta and hasn't been fully tested yet, I'd suggest creating a test calendar on your Exchange Server to ensure syncing works properly on your network, before syncing with any real calendars. I don't expect any problems, but I've only tested on 3 different networks.
Dan Chartrand, Founder