Reminders repeating when they go off.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
sddc19063

Reminders repeating when they go off.

Post by sddc19063 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:21 am

Hi

This is a problem that just appeared when I updated to 8.2.0 and has continued through 8.2.1. Recurring reminders have been going off as scheduled, but when I dismiss them, they go off again in about a minute. It's as if I hit the snooze instead of dismiss. It goes off a total of three times before finally dismissing for good. I deleted and restarted my recurring reminders, but some still have the problem. In another, probably unrelated matter, today when I booted up, my desktop calendar expanded to fill my screen. I always have it set to about 3/4 of my screen and had to turn off my sidebar to access the resize controls. After that, I opened the main calendar window to add an event. After adding, I couldn't close the calendar-not minimize to tray or even force quit through ctrl-alt-delete. Had to reboot the system to fix it. So far back to normal, but the recurring repeats I expect to still be a problem. I'm on Vista, using the lite version. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

John Alden

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Reminders repeating when they go off.

Post by VueSoft » Tue May 31, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi John, thank you for the information. Could you check which instance of the recurring reminder is going off? It's possible if you have a recurring series with several instances that happen in the past, that you'll see a separate reminder for each instance. For example, if you have a daily recurring event and don't use VueMinder for a couple days, when you start the program you'll get the reminder for today's instance. When you dismiss that instance, you'll get a reminder for yesterday's instance, since it was never processed. This will happen after 1 minute. It will continue to show reminders for past instances of the recurring series until it hits instances that were previously processed or happen more than 7 days in the past. It sounds like this might be what's happening in your case.

I'll work on improving this for the next version, so if today's instance is dismissed but previous instances weren't processed yet, those will be dismissed too.

Also, regarding the desktop calendar becoming maximized, I'm not sure how it's happening if the maximize button isn't clicked, but I'm still investigating the problem and plan to have this fixed in the next version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

sddc19063

Post by sddc19063 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:33 am

Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply. The triple alarms happened on consecutive days, so they weren't un-dismissed reminders from previous days. I'm familiar with those that don't get dismissed when I take days off. Right now, I've moved my recurring reminders to another program and using Vueminder mainly for archiving events and viewing my Google events. Haven't had any more instances of the desktop calendar filling the screen, but the main window has refused to close more than once. It wouldn't close in full screen, but it allowed me to downsize it and then close it. Won't be using fullscreen anymore. I was using it for the main window so I could see all appointments in one window. Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks

John Alden

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:20 pm

I believe the repeating reminder problem has been solved. Also, I found what was causing the desktop calendar to become maximized without being commanded.

Corrections for these problems have been completed for the next version (8.3.0). A beta is available, if you're interested in an early look:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=577
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA