New event issue

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
mmwebber

New event issue

Post by mmwebber » Mon May 30, 2011 9:44 pm

I recently updated Vueminder lite to 8.2.1 but can no longer create new events. I attempt to create a new event and the program hangs for a few minutes, then soft crashes (the program continues to run, but there is no window or CPU activity.)
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that hasn't seemed to help.

Thanks for any assistance.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: New event issue

Post by VueSoft » Mon May 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi mmwebber, welcome to the forums. Which version of Windows are you using? Do you have Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 and all the latest Windows patches installed? Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling VueMinder?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

mmwebber

Post by mmwebber » Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 pm

Windows XP up to date, .net is up to date as well.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.
I can create new contacts, new categories, new groups, but can not create new events or calendars. I also can not edit existing events.
If I uninstall, should I delete the vueminder folder? I would rather not have to re-do all my current settings.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Mon May 30, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi mmwebber, thanks for the information. I've seen this behavior before on Windows XP, and it was because Microsoft .NET 3.5 was installed without Service Patch 1 (SP1). This is the only thing I'm aware of that would cause the behavior you're seeing.

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling .NET 3.5 SP1. Maybe it's partially corrupted. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... da479ab0d7

If that doesn't fix it, try reinstalling VueMinder. Before reinstalling, use the "Backup Data" command on the File menu, and save the backup somewhere besides the VueMinder data folder. Uninstalling won't remove the data folder, but you can delete it yourself if you want to see whether it makes any difference. If .NET 3.5 SP1 doesn't explain the problem, then it might have something to do with the data, but it's hard to say for certain.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

mmwebber

Post by mmwebber » Mon May 30, 2011 11:39 pm

So, I found I had an old version (7.2) on my computer, uninstalled V.8 and reinstalled 7.2 and the problem has been resolved.