Error Connecting to Google Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Jaffacaique

Error Connecting to Google Calendar

Post by Jaffacaique » Sat May 28, 2011 3:11 am

Hi Dan

This new version is driving me mad. Since installing the update I am getting a message appear on screen for each calendar I have synced with google calendar..
+ An error occured while attempting to connect to Google Calendar: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed. Vueminder will no longer allow me access the setting under the 'Options' menu via the tool bar.

+Any attempt to right click on any of my Calendars just gives me the same annoying messages which I have to keep cancelling off the screen. (very frustrating) Will revert back to previous version in mean time.

Please help

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Error Connecting to Google Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Sat May 28, 2011 10:06 am

Hi Jaffacaique, I apologize for the problem. It sounds like something went wrong with the password for connecting to Google Calendar. Please try going to the Program Options and clear out your Google login and password at the bottom of the screen. After doing this, exit and restart VueMinder. Does that fix the problem?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Jaffacaique

Post by Jaffacaique » Sun May 29, 2011 1:05 am

Hi Dan

I can no longer access my calendars by right clicking on any of them. Also any attempt to right click on any of my calendars just gives me the same popup messages as before. Also when I click on the Program Options at the top of the screen It does show me the actual list of options but there is no reponse to any of them when I click on them, it is as though they are visible but disabled.

Using Windows 7 32bit and running the portable version if this is any help.

Jaffacaique

Post by Jaffacaique » Sun May 29, 2011 2:21 am

Hi Dan

The problem has now been resolved. When I reverted back to 8.1.3 I decided to try the update again but first I removed ALL Google Calendar sync intructions from Vueminder program settings and on my individual calendars too.

This time the update worked okay, I have also been able to setup 8.2.1 to sync with Google Calendar sucessfully without the popup messgages appearing. The Options menu is working okay and all options can now be accessed. Not sure what happened before to cause the problem.

ajvance

Post by ajvance » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 pm

After upgrading to 8.2.1, I also have these problems. Unfortunately, when I try to reinstall 8.1.3, the application crashes after loading. Is there another way to remove the Google Calendar sync instructions from my files?

Also, I think the symptoms that Jaffacaique describes are related to separate problems. I say this because I have two unrelated installations of Portable 8.2.1 running, one with calendars synced to Google Calendar, the other without. The installation with the synced calendars exhibits all of the problems Jaffacaique mentioned (error messages regarding padding, can't edit calendar properties or program options). In the other installation, I still can't edit calendar properties or program options, even though there are no calendars synced to Google.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi avance, I believe you can fix this by deleting the file named "ProgramSettings.xml" in the VueMinder data folder. Make sure VueMinder is fully exited prior to deleting this file. On Windows Vista/7, the default data folder location is "C:\Users\YourLogin\AppData\Local\VueSoft\VueMinder".
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

ajvance

Post by ajvance » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:36 am

Thank you, that fixed the problems in both installations.