events keep disappearing

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Digirati

events keep disappearing

Post by Digirati » Thu May 26, 2011 10:09 am

When I click to close or dismiss an event that has sent a pop-up or other notice to the desktop, the event disappears. I need to keep the events on the calendar for reference purposes. I often have to go back and look up certain events, so I need the events to remain "forever."

How do I keep them from disappearing? :evil:
Passwords are like underwear.
You should always use good ones.
You should change them often.
Do not leave them out where others can see them.
Never loan them out to anyone for ANY reason!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: events keep disappearing

Post by VueSoft » Thu May 26, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi Digirati, welcome to the forums. It sounds like the "Show Completed Events" option on the View menu is unchecked. Try clicking that option. You should see all your dismissed events reappear.

What's happening is that, by default, when an reminder is dismissed the associated event or task is marked as completed. When combined with the "Show Completed Events" menu option, you can control whether things that have been dismissed will still appear on the calendar.

To disable this behavior, go to the Reminder Options (via the Options menu) and uncheck the box labeled "Automatically mark an item as completed when its reminder is dismissed". You can still manually mark items as being completed via the right-click menu or by opening the event/task and checking the "Completed" box.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA