Object Reference Not Set to an instance of an object.

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
lilred30022

Object Reference Not Set to an instance of an object.

Post by lilred30022 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Hello anyone out there,

I turned my laptop off when leaving home and when I got to work I turned my laptop on and then got the following message.

A fatal error occurred. Vueminder calendar is unable to continue. Please let Vuesoft support know about the problem.

Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.

At Vuesoft.Applications.VueMinder.Program.Main(STRING [] ARGS)

Please help me if you can because I can't use my calendar at all.
Everything was working just fine when I left home and I have went the site and downloaded the 8.2beta version and the server version as well & have restarted but nothing helped.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Object Reference Not Set to an instance of an object.

Post by VueSoft » Tue May 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi lired30022, welcome to the forums. I apologize for the problem you're seeing and the inconvenience it has caused. It sounds like the data may have become corrupted. To fix the problem, you can reset the data by using the utility linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

After resetting the data and restarting VueMinder, you can use the “Restore Data” command on the File menu to restore from a backup. Note, I’m assuming you didn’t disable the automatic backup feature, which generates a backup of the data every 8 hours (by default).

If the problem returns after restoring from a backup, try picking an older checkpoint. If you don’t see any backup checkpoints, search your hard drive for files having a “vbackup” extension, or browse to the “Backups” subfolder of VueMinder’s private data folder. The path can be found in the Program Options window. You should see some backup files in that folder, unless you changes the backup settings.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if resetting the data doesn’t fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

lilred30022

Post by lilred30022 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:52 pm

Thank you so much for the response, and I will try this and let you know! THANKS again for your help

Amy Bridges

lilred30022

Post by lilred30022 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Ok I tried everything you had mentioned above and none of this worked. Tried to restore to 3/4/11 and it said it did successfully but then when I tried to open Vue Minder then I got the same fatal error.

Amy ?????

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue May 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Have you tried reinstalling? That might also fix it. Please let me know if it doesn't.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

lilred30022

Post by lilred30022 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:52 am

Got it fixed! Thank You

ajvance

Post by ajvance » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi Dan,

I have received this error ever since upgrading to 9.0.0. Reinstalling does not help. Do you have any other suggestions?

Jonathan

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi Jonathan, do recall which version you updated from? The latest version requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. If you're using Windows XP or Vista, this might not be installed yet. You can download it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22

If you already have .NET 3.5 SP1, then it's possible something went wrong with the data conversion. Try resetting your data using the utility linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

After resetting the data and restarting VueMinder, use the “Restore Data” command on the File menu to restore from a backup. Note, I’m assuming you didn’t disable the automatic backup feature, which generates a backup of the data every 8 hours (by default). If you don’t see any backup checkpoints, search your hard drive for files having a “vbackup” extension, or browse to the “Backups” subfolder of VueMinder’s private data folder. The path can be found in the Program Options window. You should see some backup files in that folder, unless you changed the backup settings.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder