Migrating Calendar to next year

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
RamHemiTX

Migrating Calendar to next year

Post by RamHemiTX » Sun May 15, 2011 5:05 pm

I am the Committee Chair of a Cub Scout Pack. I am responsible for maintaining the calendar for the Pack. Is there a way to simply take all of my events from last year and change the date by 1 year so that I can use that as a starting point for the next scouting year? I do not want to delete the old items, I just want to make a copy of them and push them out a year without manually changing each event.

Thanks,
Brent

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Migrating Calendar to next year

Post by VueSoft » Sun May 15, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi Brent, welcome to the forums. If you're using the Pro version, you could export to Excel (using the Export Events command on the File menu). In Excel, do a search-and-replace in the "Start" and "End" columns, replacing 2011 with 2012. When finished, save the spreadsheet and then use the "Import Events" command on the File menu to import it. The events for next year will be added to the calendar.

This is probably the fastest and easiest way of doing what you're looking for, but will require the Pro version. If you're using the Lite version, you could export to an ICS file and edit the file (replacing 2011 with 2012), but it's a little trickier.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA