Transparent Event Colors

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dave-user

Transparent Event Colors

Post by dave-user » Mon May 09, 2011 5:50 am

Hi Dan,

I have been experiencing some problems with "transparent" event colors not working the way I would expect.

I have done some investigation and this is what I have found:
  • Events are colored as a result of Calendar colors, Category colors, Priority colors or Location colors. However, the transparent color only works correctly for Calendar colors. This applies to both the main calendar window and to the Desktop Calendar.
  • With Calendar colors, if the background colors are changed to "transparent" using the Calendar Properties dialog, the colors are correctly remembered and are correctly applied to events in the main calendar window and the Desktop Calendar.
  • With Category colors, Priority colors or Location colors, if the background colors are changed to "transparent" using the Category/Priority/Location Properties dialogs, the colors are incorrectly remembered as white not "transparent" and are incorrectly applied as white not "transparent" to events in the main calendar window and the Desktop Calendar.
A couple of other points:
  • When event background colors are set to "transparent" in the Calendar/Category/Priority/Location Properties dialogs, it would be nice if the background color buttons displayed the same diagonal shading pattern for "transparent" as is shown on the drop-down color palette (when a button is clicked).
  • A minor point, the default color for the second background color for Calendar/Category/Priority/Location items is light grey (225,225,225), but this color does not appear as one of the pre-defined colors on the drop-down color palette, which seems a little odd.
Regards, Dave

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Transparent Event Colors

Post by VueSoft » Wed May 11, 2011 12:22 am

Hi Dave, thanks for the feedback. The next version (8.2.0) will address most the items you mentioned.
  • Categories, priorities, and locations will correctly use any specified transparent colors instead of white.
  • The color button will show green hatch marks when transparent is selected.
Thanks again for the feedback and please let me know if you find any other problems.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA