I have been experiencing some problems with "transparent" event colors not working the way I would expect.
I have done some investigation and this is what I have found:
- Events are colored as a result of Calendar colors, Category colors, Priority colors or Location colors. However, the transparent color only works correctly for Calendar colors. This applies to both the main calendar window and to the Desktop Calendar.
- With Calendar colors, if the background colors are changed to "transparent" using the Calendar Properties dialog, the colors are correctly remembered and are correctly applied to events in the main calendar window and the Desktop Calendar.
- With Category colors, Priority colors or Location colors, if the background colors are changed to "transparent" using the Category/Priority/Location Properties dialogs, the colors are incorrectly remembered as white not "transparent" and are incorrectly applied as white not "transparent" to events in the main calendar window and the Desktop Calendar.
- When event background colors are set to "transparent" in the Calendar/Category/Priority/Location Properties dialogs, it would be nice if the background color buttons displayed the same diagonal shading pattern for "transparent" as is shown on the drop-down color palette (when a button is clicked).
- A minor point, the default color for the second background color for Calendar/Category/Priority/Location items is light grey (225,225,225), but this color does not appear as one of the pre-defined colors on the drop-down color palette, which seems a little odd.