Sync problem with google calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
EMP

Sync problem with google calendar

Post by EMP » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:06 pm

hello
i have vue 8.1.3 on win7
it is realy a perfect application
my problem is that when i try to sync with google, the google events imported to my vuecalendar correctly, but my local vue events doesn't exported to google
i tried 1-way and 2-way sync but with no change

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Sync problem with google calendar

Post by VueSoft » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi EMP, welcome to the forums. In order for events created in VueMinder to appear on your Google Calendar, you'll need to use 2-way sync. Also, VueMinder supports multiple calendars. Some calendars might be local and some might be synced with Google Calendar. If you want an event to appear on Google Calendar, please ensure the event is associated with a calendar that is configured to 2-way sync with Google Calendar.

Another possibility is that your firewall is blocking outbound data from VueMinder to Google Calendar, and only allowing inbound data. You might need to add an exception for VueMinder before syncing will work in both directions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

EMP

Post by EMP » Sun May 01, 2011 12:42 am

thank you very much
it realy works
* your service is very kind and fast and i appreciate it .

another question please
how can i sync my tasks with google?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun May 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi EMP, unfortunately Google has not released an API yet that will allow syncing with tasks. This is something the user community has been asking Google to add for many years, but for whatever reason they haven't added it yet.
http://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/i ... ail?id=987

I'll improve VueMinder to sync tasks with Google Calendar as soon as the Google API is officially updated to support task syncing. Thank you for the suggestion, and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

EMP

Post by EMP » Sun May 01, 2011 10:26 pm

thank you very very much
i suggest to sync task as they where events so when the user add a task he will see it in google as event and when he set it as completed it will be deleted in google

this is very usefull in my case and many people case, i have a mobile with calendar that sync with google and have your incredible reminder on my pc, so when i add a task(which is my most repeated issue) in on side i will see it in the other.
if you could do this it will be an amazing application.

thank you again

charless

Post by charless » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:11 pm

I use an Android app on my phone called Astrid that syncs tasks with Google Tasks. They must use some sort of an API to do the sync - perhaps you can find out what they do and use that in VueMinder.

By the way, I'm a new user and I love the program. Great work!!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Google Tasks finally has an API:
http://code.google.com/apis/tasks/v1/using.html

It's still in beta and likely to change. Also, there's no .NET version of the API yet, so it will take some tinkering to make it work with VueMinder. I plan on tackling this very soon.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

EMP

Post by EMP » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:29 pm

great man

poppo

re: Sync problem with google calendar

Post by poppo » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Every few seconds I get a notice that that VueMinder cannot sync with Google Calendar, which says the following:

"An error occurred while attempting to connect to Google Calendar: padding is invalid and cannot be removed.

"Please confirm your username and password are correct. If you are behind a proxy server, you can configure your proxy settings from the options menu"

It does not give me a chance to give my correct Google username and password. All I can do is close the notice, which comes back in a a VERY short period of time.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi poppo, welcome to the forums. To fix the problem, fully exit VueMinder (via the Exit common on the task tray icon's right-click menu). Go to the VueMinder data folder and delete the file named ProgramSettings.xml. If you're not sure where the data folder is located, check the Program Options, via the Options menu.

When VueMinder restarts, it will ask for your Google Calendar login information and should no longer give an error.
Dan Chartrand, Founder