mini-calendar view

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
wlegrow

mini-calendar view

Post by wlegrow » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:50 am

Hey guys,

I have to say - I love this calendar! I've got several calendars that I have to interface with, and this program certainly makes it easy to put all that information in one place! Thanks!!

One small item I'm having an issue with - I primarily view the mini-calendar on my smaller screen - multi-screen setup. And I use the mini-calendar (maximized) to interface with the program. The issue I'm having is that if I'm viewing another week than the current week and the calendar syncs with either Outlook or Google Calendar, the mini-calendar immediately shifts back to the current week display.

I've got quite a few calendars that I sync with and when I'm coordinating schedules in an email or other wise - having the mini-calendar continuously going back to the current week can be a big pain in the butt... am I missing a setting that would stop this, or is this something that you could change?

Thank you.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: mini-calendar view

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:17 am

Hi wlegrow, welcome to the forums and thank you for the feedback. I haven't seen the behavior you're describing, and have been unable to duplicate this in my testing. Are you still seeing this behavior? Does it happen every time? The displayed dates should only change if a different event is selected outside the range of the currently visible dates.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

wlegrow

Post by wlegrow » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome - it is still doing it - and without an event selected. (I've tested it, and it's done it 3 times in the last minute).

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:16 am

Hmm, that's odd. Could you try adjusting the date ranges shown in the "Events", "Tasks", and "Notes" tabs of the main window, and let me know if you see any different behavior? I have a hunch these tabs might be related to the behavior, although I still haven't been able to duplicate it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

wlegrow

Post by wlegrow » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:29 am

I've changed the settings on the main window to only display 7 days on each... I just found the setting for the Upcoming events display for the Desktop Calendar - how many days would you suggest for that setting - it was at 10, and it's now down to 7.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Did adjusting the date range solve the problem? The default for the desktop calendar is 7, but I don't think that will have any effect on the problem you're seeing.

My guess was that a row in the Event, Task, or Note list was somehow getting activated after syncing, causing the displayed dates to shift. It's possible adjusting the date range will fix this, but I'm not sure. If you see any change, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

wlegrow

Post by wlegrow » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:58 am

Don't know why it's doing it... I've made the changes you suggested. I made sure (at least I think), that I hadn't selected any items and moved the week view to two weeks ahead - 15 seconds or so later, it went back to this week... sigh. Just to be sure - I went ahead 3 weeks, and clicked on an empty time slot - it still came back to this week about 30 seconds later.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Could you send me a screenshot of the mini-calendar and window layout you're using? Maybe your window layout is different than what I've tried testing. Please send it to support@vueminder.com. Hopefully that will give me some clues as to why you're seeing this behavior.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed May 25, 2011 11:29 pm

This problem has been corrected in 8.2, which was just released. Syncing with Outlook or Google Calendar will no longer affect which week is shown in the desktop calendar.
Dan Chartrand, Founder