Importing From Vueminder to Google Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Jaffacaique

Importing From Vueminder to Google Calendar

Post by Jaffacaique » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi Dan

I have created a calendar in Pro 8.1.3 which works great. But when I export my calendar data to the desktop and then import it into Google Calendar some of the entries are still showing twice.

The calendar consists of my shift pattern which I have set to repeat for the dates I work during 2011. When I had this problem previously I was editing an existing repeated entry to read differently i.e. annual leave, you did suggest before that I should delete the dates I needed to change and create a new ones in their place which is what I was doing.

Today as mentioned above I imported my calendar data to Google Calendar, the result was double entries in Google on the dates that I had newly created in place of my repeated shift pattern (My annual leave dates). It seems that Vueminder still remembers the repeated entries I made previously AND the new updated entries I replaced them with and sends both lots of data to Google which then shows as a double entry.

When looking at the affected dates on Google, these were dates I deleted sometime ago as they have the repeated entry symbol by them and newer updated entry was a new single unrepeated date.

What I have ended up doing is deleting the doubled up entries in Google manually.

Help!

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Importing From Vueminder to Google Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi Jaffacaique, thank you for letting me know about the problem. A correction has been made for the next version which should solve this. I'll post a reply when an update is available to download.

In the meantime, have you considered using Google Calendar sync, instead of exporting and importing? I believe this would eliminate the problem you're seeing. To enable Google Calendar syncing on an existing calendar in VueMinder, go to the Calendar Properties, click the "Google Calendar" tab, and then click the checkbox to enable syncing.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Jaffacaique

Post by Jaffacaique » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi Dan

Thank you for the reply, I did what you suggested. It did work like you said it would but the same problem still happened. What I had to do was manually delete the duplicates on the dates affected.

Look forward to next update.

Jaffacaique

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Hi Jaffacaique, I found what is causing this problem. A correction has been made for the next version. I'll post a reply when it's available for download.
Dan Chartrand, Founder

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Tue May 03, 2011 1:01 am

This problem has been corrected for version 8.2.0. If you'd like an early look, a beta can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=518
Dan Chartrand, Founder