Snoozed events keep returning

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
Bucksmom

Snoozed events keep returning

Post by Bucksmom » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:26 pm

A lot of times (but not always) when I snooze and event it will come back before the snoozed time. Example: I have an event on April 1st 2011, it popped up this morning and I snoozed it for a week. It has now popped back up at least 6 times in the past hour and a half. What can I do to fix this?
Have a joy filled day \o/
Bucksmom aka-BK

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Snoozed events keep returning

Post by VueSoft » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi Bucksmom, welcome to the forums.

Are you using the latest version, 8.1.3? I believe the problem you're describing was fixed in that version. Please use the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu. If it doesn't say 8.1.3 is the latest, you probably have a firewall that is blocking the update checker. In that case, you can download and install the latest version using the link below. Make sure to exit VueMinder by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit" before installing the latest version.
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?page=download

If you're using 8.1.3 but still seeing this problem, please let me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Bucksmom

Post by Bucksmom » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:20 am

Dan,
Yes I am using the latest version 8.1.3. I always keep it updated.I've had the issue in the past but yesterday it seemed compounded. However, so far today I don't seem to have a problem, so I'm wondering if my shutdown last night fixed it. Does that sound like a possibility?
Bucksmom aka-BK

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:26 pm

I suppose it's possible, although it seems kind of strange that you were seeing this problem to begin with. If it happens again, please let me know. So far, I've been unable to duplicate the behavior, but I'll keep an eye out as I test the next release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

Bucksmom

Post by Bucksmom » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi Dan,
I've been sick and not even turning on my PC for the past week but now that I'm back I have been seeing this "Snooze" problem a lot. When I turn my pc on the events pop up and I dismiss or snooze them but some keep coming right back. There's one in particular that I snoozed for 2 hours, then, as I was doing the others this one would pop up several times. At the end after i was done with all of them.......there it was again. I must have snoozed it 6 times. Also, every time the window pops up again with a new event or one I had snoozed for let's say an hour......there was the problem one again, even though I had snoozed it for 4 hours. It just doesn't seem to snooze for the amount of time I choose. This is a recurring monthly event. I am going to delete the event and re-enter it and see what happens. I'll let you know. (It's not the only one acting this way but it seems to be worse than the others.)
Bucksmom aka-BK