Quite Slow

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dave-user

Quite Slow

Post by dave-user » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:15 am

I have only been using VueMinder for a few days, but I am finding a number of the basic operations are quite slow. For example, "Save and Close" for a recurring event can be very slow, and "Dismiss" of any event can be quite slow. Is this normal?

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Quite Slow

Post by VueSoft » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi dave, the program should normally perform quickly. Clicking the "Save and Close" button should take less than a second to save the event.

Could you go to the "Events" tab, and try decreasing the date range? My guess is that if this slowdown is only happening for recurring events, you might have a large date range listed, causing many rows to be added to the list when a new recurring event is created.

Also, go to the Calendar Options (via the Options menu) and decrease the number of dates shown in the "Upcoming Events" area of the desktop calendar.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if decreasing the date range doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dave-user

Re: Quite Slow

Post by dave-user » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi Dan,

I have checked:
  • The "Events" tab and found that I had a date range of 2 years -- and changed it to 31 days.
  • My recurring events and found a few that were weekly or daily and had no end date -- and changed end date to 31/12/2012.
  • The "Desktop Calendar upcoming event" days in "Options" and found it was set to 7 days -- and changed it to 3 days.
The first two changes seem to have speeded up things considerably. I'm not sure the third change made any difference. I will continue to monitor, but I think it is okay now.

Regards, Dave