Desktop Calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
dave-user

Desktop Calendar

Post by dave-user » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:29 am

I am using the Desktop calendar feature and generally it looks very nice, but I have a few problems with it:
  • I want the Desktop Calendar to always show the Day view, but when I restart VueMinder the Desktop Calendar always reverts to the Week view.
  • I want the Desktop Calendar to always display with around 50% Opacity, but when I restart VueMinder the Desktop Calendar always reverts to 100% Opacity.
  • On the Desktop Calendar, I normally have two calendars displayed side-by-side in the Day view. In the main VueMinder program, I have set the background color and text color for each calendar. However, in the Desktop Calendar, although the calendar column titles are shown with the correct background colors, they are shown with the wrong text colors. The text colors are always very pale grey and very difficult to read.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Desktop Calendar

Post by VueSoft » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi dave, welcome to the forums.
I want the Desktop Calendar to always show the Day view, but when I restart VueMinder the Desktop Calendar always reverts to the Week view.
A correction is currently in work for the next version. I'll post a reply when the correction is available.
I want the Desktop Calendar to always display with around 50% Opacity, but when I restart VueMinder the Desktop Calendar always reverts to 100% Opacity.
I'm not sure why you're seeing this. I've attempted to duplicate the problem but I can't get it to happen. When you restart VueMinder, is the opacity slider all the way to the right, regardless of where you had set it previously?
On the Desktop Calendar, I normally have two calendars displayed side-by-side in the Day view. In the main VueMinder program, I have set the background color and text color for each calendar. However, in the Desktop Calendar, although the calendar column titles are shown with the correct background colors, they are shown with the wrong text colors. The text colors are always very pale grey and very difficult to read.
Thanks for letting me know about the problem. I'll work on fixing this for the next version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

dave-user

Post by dave-user » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:59 am

Hi Dan,

I've investigated the second problem (opacity) more thoroughly. It took me some time to work out the sequence of steps that causes the problem, but I can now reproduce it reliably. When the problem happens, the opacity doesn't always revert to 100% after restart, it reverts to a value set at some previous time, but not to the value most recently set.

Here is a sequence of steps that works:
  • Set the opacity to 25%, by sliding the opacity slider.
  • Close VueMinder by right-clicking on the system tray icon and clicking Exit.
  • Restart VueMinder and the opacity is still 25%
Here is a sequence of steps that fails:
  • Set the opacity to 25%, by sliding the opacity slider.
  • Then set the opacity to 50%, by clicking the opacity slider.
  • Close VueMinder by right-clicking on the system tray icon and clicking Exit.
  • Restart VueMinder and the opacity is still 25% -- NOT 50% !
As you can see, the problem is caused by clicking the opacity slider, rather than sliding the opacity slider.

Regards, Dave

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Post by VueSoft » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:25 am

On the Desktop Calendar, I normally have two calendars displayed side-by-side in the Day view. In the main VueMinder program, I have set the background color and text color for each calendar. However, in the Desktop Calendar, although the calendar column titles are shown with the correct background colors, they are shown with the wrong text colors. The text colors are always very pale grey and very difficult to read.
This has been fixed in version 9.1. A stable beta version is available, if you'd like to try it. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/ ... ?f=5&t=817
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA