VueMinder 8.1.3 and disappearing recurring events...

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
watrbufalo

VueMinder 8.1.3 and disappearing recurring events...

Post by watrbufalo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:33 pm

I am running VueMinder CP v8.1.3 under W7 Prof., 64 bit. I am/was having issues with recurring events appearing then disappearing after a minute, or the events were no longer there. Other discussions about the same topic also talk about synching with Google. My install I synch only to MS Outlook.
What seems to be working for me at this point is that i unchecked "Perform automatic backup..." and I use the manual Backup as a "save" function when i change my schedule. This may not be the most graceful way to handle it but this seems to be working, my recurring events haven't disappeared in days. I continue to synch with MS Outlook which does not seem to affect recurring events.
I do wonder why there is not a "Save" option to start with.
One other note, I would love to see today's date included in the digital/analog clock view.
I do like this program quite a bit, even with the quirks.

thanks, watrbufalo

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder 8.1.3 and disappearing recurring events...

Post by VueSoft » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi watrbufalo, welcome to the forums and thanks for the information. There's no "Save" command because data is saved automatically when changes are made.

I'm not sure why turning off the automatic backup feature would have any effect on what you're seeing, since the backup is typically performed only once every few hours, and doesn't modify any data. It just writes the current data to a backup file.

I'm wondering if the behavior you're seeing might be due to an Outlook add-in or something else that is different about your Outlook installation or security settings. It might have been some other change that caused syncing to work properly. Do you recall making any other changes to your Outlook configuration between the time you were seeing the problem and the time when it seemed to be resolved?

As for your suggestion of showing the current date in the digital/analog clock view, I've added this to my to-do list and will post a reply when this feature is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA