VueMinder Will Not Start Maximized

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.
allenk23

VueMinder Will Not Start Maximized

Post by allenk23 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi Dan and all,

Starting I believe with this newest build (8.1.3), VueMinder will not start maximized. Regardless of the fact that my Run: Maximized is set properly for the shortcut, it opens non-maximized and actually set partially off the screen. I always have to maximize the program each time I either open it from being totally closed or from the minimized state. And once opened, it opens less than mazimized. I've tried all the usual things, such as opening VueMinder, maximizing it, then clicking on File | Exit as opposed to just minimizing it (that used to work with Outlook window size problems).

No other program I have exhibits this behavior, other than the occasional quirky windows size with Internet Explorer windows. Screen resolution set for 1280x800 with all the latest drivers. Windows 7 Home Premium by the way.

Any idea on this one? Again, I never had this before with VueMinder until this latest build.

Thanks,
Allen K.

VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: VueMinder Will Not Start Maximized

Post by VueSoft » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi Allen, I'm not sure why you're seeing this and I'm unable to duplicate the problem. You might be able to fix this by editing the shortcut target, like this:

"C:\Program Files\VueSoft\VueMinder\VueMinder.exe" 2

Note the 2 after the command. This will force VueMinder to start maximized. Please let me know if that doesn't fix it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA

allenk23

Post by allenk23 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Dan, thanks for replying so quickly. Unfortunately, that didn't work. This is 64-bit, so I actually made it:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VueSoft\VueMinder\VueMinder.exe" 2

But it still does not work. I haven't installed anything new recently, so I'm not sure why this is happening. Let me change my resolution for a bit, then I'll change it back to see if that makes a difference.

Allen K.

allenk23

Post by allenk23 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:23 am

The problem is apparently resolved. I am not sure if it's a Windows 7 issue or something with VueMinder. I did what I suggested. That is, change the screen resolution to something other than what I had. Run VueMinder, which did not start as maximized. I then changed the resolution back to my preferred setting and ever since, VueMinder opens properly maximized.

Thanks,
Allen K.