Before installing, first ensure the current version isn't running by right-clicking its icon in the task tray and selecting "Exit". If you try the beta and find any problems, please send the details to email@example.com, so a correction can be made before the release becomes official.
This beta contains the following improvements and corrections:
- Improved performance of calendar sharing over a local network. It should be significantly faster now.
- Improved the event/task action for running a program, to make it easier to specify a document or web page to be opened.
- Improved the drop-down calendar, category, priority, and location lists to show the associated colors and make it easier to locate the desired item.
- Improved the drop-down list of email/SMS reminder times to include entries from 3 months to 1 year.
- Corrected problems with duplicate recurring events sometimes being generated in calendars that are shared over a local network or synced with Google Calendar.
- Corrected duplicate events being created after pasting a series and editing one of its occurrences.
- Corrected handling of recurring event variations/exceptions when importing or subscribing to an ICS file, to prevent duplicate entries.
- Corrected syncing of event completion status when sharing calendars over a local network and the option to share completion status is enabled.
- Corrected column widths in the Event List when the program starts.
- Corrected task creation when timeslots in the Day or Week views are selected, so the task starting time and duration will be based on the selected timeslots.
- Corrected error messages when multiple computers are attempting to publish to the same shared ICS file location at the same time. The publish operation will be tried again (in the background) until successful.
- Corrected handling of desktop alerts, to avoid a condition where the program hasn't run for several days and a large number of past-due desktop alerts can potentially fill up the entire screen. Only 16 will be displayed at a time.
- Corrected the event duration list to show "1,5 hours" instead of "1.5" hours in countries where the decimal point character is a comma.
- Corrected the font size of the Month Navigation Pane, to recall the previous font size selection when the program is restarted.
- Other minor corrections.